Persistent blood blister in mouth inner cheek

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello - I'm a 23 year old male who's a non smoker, fit & healthy and from the UK. Over the last 3 weeks I've been having these red blood blisters appear in my mouth on the inside of my cheek where my teeth align (if that makes sense). At first I thought it was just where I may have bitten the gum numerous times or burnt it somehow but it's the forth time its come back and im starting to get worried. Not sure if ive only started noticing cos I don't normally check. It normally heals within a couple days but then just comes back in the same sort of area. I appear to have no other symptoms and haven't noticed anything different. Are these common ?

What could this be ? I've read it could be mouth cancer which terrifies me but for someone of my age and situation it seems unlikely. Are blood blisters a sign of this or are there other symptoms also? Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rob,

This must be worrying.  Please make an appointment to see your dentist as soon as possible.  At least in the US, a dentist is the first doctor to see in these cases, and can refer you to another doctor, if appropriate.

No one on this site can diagnose an illness.  We are here to offer comfort, information and practical support.

Good luck, and let me know how you get on!

• Posted

Thanks for your reply...I decidied to change which side I eat my food and started getting them on the other side now and after a bit of research apparently this can happen because of your wisdom teeth coming through (which they are) where it gets a bit over crowded so the teeth nip at the gums whilst eating. I don't think its anything serious but booked to go dentist next week for a check up ! Thanks

• Posted

You're welcome!  Please let me know what the dentist says!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.