Persistent ear problems

Posted , 4 users are following.

Coming up to four years with ME/CFS. Since the outset had the sensation of blocked ear (right) and,?sometimes, blocked nostril (right). I supposed that it was just one of the fluey symptoms that often comes with CFS. My theory is that the body thinks it still has a virus so reacts as if it does (long after the virus has actually gone). Interestingly, movement/massaging of feet, shoulders etc produce a crackling in the right ear - of the sort that would precede unblocking. From a scan, there's no fluid in the ear - so it doesn't seem to be a Eustachian tube/drainage issue. Familiar to anyone else?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I too have been diagnosed with CFS and my have the same problems with the right nostril and ear. If I close the left nostril and blow out the often blocked right one, my dizziness intensifies. I've been to the ENT and tried all the steroids and nasal sprays but nothing helped. Thanks for sharing. 

• Posted

Thanks...sounds familiar. In fact, my initial treatment was a variety of antihistamines and steroids, all of them equally ineffective. I used to get quite a lot of colds as a child and wonder whether the weakest part of your system is the one where symptoms manifest themselves with CFS.
    • Posted

Certainly was initially though it is less of an issue (though still an issue) now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.