Persistent fungal infection in armpit

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi - I have had what has been diagnosed as a fungal infection under one armpit for nearly 18 months.  Originally I had it in 3 places and 2 went quickly.  That under my armpit has responded to treatment (Canestan HC) and then come back several times.  I was asked to use Daktarin last December and again it worked.  But now it is back with a vengeance - bigger than ever.  I am using Daktarin again and it appears to be less angry looking but is not exactly retreating.  I wonder if anyone has any advice which might help?  Could it be a bacterial infection instead and, if so, what is the approach?  Many thanks in advance for any help.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Basex on biopsy or another test?
    • Posted

Based on inspection by 2 different doctors.  No tests but seeing another GP on Friday for a review.  Are there tests I should be seeking then?  Thanks for your interest again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.