Persistent left testicular pain since last 5 months

Posted , 4 users are following.

History of torsion (right) in 2003-orchidectomy

Weak urine flow since 2007

Ultrasound- Mild grade 1 varicocele (left. Mild thickening of left spermatic cord and vas deferens. Rest normal

Non specific prostatitis in TRUS

Pelvic MRI normal- with coarse irregular outline around left testicle

Mild discomfort during prostatic massage

Tenderness at lower point in left testicle (near epididymitis).

Testicle size normal in US and physical examination

Sometimes pain in rectum/anus post ejaculation or prolonged erection

Testicular pain increases during travel and long sitting

Consulted all big urologist- They are not sure of the specific reason behind testicular pain- Chronic Prostatitis, Varicocele, Epididymitis or due to tender point where left testicle was fixed at scrotum during torsion

Have been on long medications- Zanocin, Amicacin, Levofloxacin, Farobact, Bacstol (Trimethoprim), Contiflo, Cranbac-D but testicular pain is not going away.

P. S. I had sexual vaginal intercourse (with condom) and had NGU (mild inflammation urethra) immediately after intercourse. It got well but after 2 days of Zanocin, but then testicular pain started and since then there has been no cure. Please suggest.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Is the pain exclusively in the testicle or also in the scrotum, groin or thigh?

Please be very specific.

• Posted

I feel pain in lower testicle (like inflammation) and not in entire scrotum. Mainly, it seems to be localised at lower pole of testcile. Most of the time, pain also radiates to thigh back side. Pain increases on long sitting and commuting in vehicle.and is slightly relived on laying down on bed.

When doctor do physical examination, they find tenderness in lower pole of testicle/epididymis but no inflammation anywhere.

I also feel pain in rectum/prostate many times (especially after ejaculation or during prolonged erection). When this pain happens, testicle pain is reduced.

Rarely I feel pain in groin. When this happens, I also feel slight pain in penis.

To be honest, pain is very illusionary. Might be suffering from multiple problems. But constant 24X7 testicle pain is my biggest concern 

• Posted

If you lie on your right side with your right leg reasonably straight while hugging your left knee upwards towards your chest past 90 degrees do you get pain relief?
    • Posted

Somewhat but not considerably. But I sleep in almost same position by resting left leg on a pillow. I feel temporary relief upon massaging in thighs, placing pillow below the heels, exercising by folding both legs and bringing till chest
  • Posted

I suggest that the pain comes from two sources... one of which is the spine.

The pain usually comes from around the D11 and D12 > L1 and possibly L2 regions at the base of your ribs and upper lumbar spine.  It is a very common finding.

Sitting would be expected to aggravate it.

BUT... this would normally only account for the pain - NOT the other symptoms.

Ask your urologist about it.

• Posted

Urologists are unsure of pain between 4 cases- Chronic Prostatitis, Varicocele, Epididmysitis, tenderness at point where testicle was attached to scrotum during fixing while torsion..

Is there a possibility that it is due to varicocele? Should I also consult spine doctor

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.