Persistent malaise (ill) feeling

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi together.

I am 28, male from Czech Republic. Hope my english is sufficient to describe my problems. Since November 2015 I have been suffering with anxiety (according to my Dr.) Since December been on Cipralex, from February 2016 Mirtazapine was added due to insomnia. Almost all of my problems disappeared. Anyway still i suffer from DAILY malaise feeling (feeling like ill, fatigued, nauzea, ...). Is it normal? Does anybody else suffer from the same or similar? Thank you for any comment.

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi yes those are typical symptoms of anxiety. I have been suffering all my life with anxiety and unfortunately there are physical symptoms as being anxious creates a lot of stomach and gastrointestinal issues...😔. These are my daily battles as well.
  • Posted

Thank you for your comments. Anyway I am really wondering whether there is anybody suffering from the same (or similar) while on antidepressants. I feel really bad ... like coming down with a flu or cold. Every day ...
    • Posted

This is an anxiety symptom and  can be a medication side effect
  • Posted

If it is an anxiety symptom or medication side effect, when will this disappear? It is daily struggle to live with that.
    • Posted

There is no guarantee it will disappear

It may settle in time

• Posted

And this is actually what scares me ... and makes me anxious again :-(
    • Posted

Get some therapy and learn how to cope with anxietycry
    • Posted

I am thinking about some therapy.

Anyway I don't have a feeling that I am anxious anymore. Or at least not to that level like 5 months ago.

• Posted

i have been feeling this way for the last week , am on cipralex 10 mg and the dr has been playing with my med dosage decreased from 15mg of cipralex... have started with anxiety all over again along with the nausea  and just feeling blah, go to see him today , hope to find somthing that works..
    • Posted

This is actually what I understand. Decreasing the dosage is very similar to going off med. That brings problems like malaise, flu-like, nausea, etc. But my situation is different - I am on Cipralex 10mg from the very beginning. Well I changed from Citalec to Trazodone and then finally to Cipralex. My mental condition is much better than it was. Anyway I have those symptoms and I don't know why :-(
  • Posted

I hope you get to the root of your problem and feel better really soon. In the last year my meds were changed 3X cause they just didn't work or side effects were horrendous...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.