pf has been drunk again

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi. Sorry I've not been there for you.....i tried to help a friend but I ended up drinking too x

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Glad to know your ok...and back !  smile  You were missed.

• Posted

Hi Paper fairy. glad you are back again.It is so hard especially when we are stressed.The Love Affair with Alcohol seems never ending. 2 weeks ago I had ultimatum Divorce or Alchohol,as I was feeling so ill after 3 week binge I decided to not drink! Fast forward 14 days-the Demon is starting to get back back into my head-I am bored with keeping myself safe-staying in all the time plus putting 8 pounds of weight on because of substituting one addiction for another also loads of shopping on I pad on stuff I dont't need spent a fortune!! Am going out this afternoon for walk.Hope I don't end up buying a Bottle or going into Pub-best not to take any money with me.Good Luck with your mission.XX
    • Posted

HI Susan. You are trying to be strong under difficult circumstances. I choose no drinking nearly 3 yrs ago since also in DEEP trouble like you and too much too lose. Managed not to drink and YES you get bored but treat yourself is my normal advice but it seems that have been doing that already!! buying too much stuff but at least it stops you from drinking.keep us posted pls...Robin
  • Posted

Hi Paper fairy.My Reply has gone to be moderated-Sorry.I can't think why ?
  • Posted

Misssy is right, we've missed you. So is today day one? Don't look back, look forward xx
  • Posted

We all have blips just try to forget about it like it never happened.
  • Posted

Hi paper fairy....I am sooooo glad that you are back with us, you were missed very much xxx.. not to worry about your slip...we have all done it..( myself...many times. ) just try again, ...

It was very, VERY kind of you to help your friend....it must have been much appreciated...you have a good heart, never forget that..big, big warm hugs for you....don't lose contact with us again..please....Deirdre.xxx

• Posted

HI Deidre..forget the past since your friends are here. Do not worry too much and think of NOW. You can do it!! We are here to help and guide you the best we can..    Robin
  • Posted

Thanks for all your replys and support. No more wine after tonight. Been comatosed this afternoon. Fallen out with daughter again. Sometimes I just can't live with myself xx
    • Posted

sad...I'm sorry you have this problem...and its so hard to stop....IT REALLY is...so don't beat yourself up paperfairy...do the best you can...you might not even be able to stop tommorow...and thats ok...you are thinking of it...you are trying...just don't give up trying.
    • Posted

Thanks Misssy. It's good to have friends that understand..it means a lot xx
    • Posted

I know it is good to have people understand...because I only have a couple of people left...that understand.

And when that happens....when we are deserted by people we thought were our friends...and even deserted by family...it is an awful feeling that we blame ourselves for....but it ISNT our fault that we have been CURSED with this desire to drink...and once we put it into our bodies...most of the people that are problem drinkers or alcohol dependent...find it really HARD to stop.  Thank God for boards like this.

• Posted

we are here to support Missy and PaperFairy no matter how many times we need to and we will not misjudge you.  Keep trying..yes, it sounds stereotype but to give up trying and lay doing and waiste awasy is NOT an option...you can do it!
    • Posted

Hi paper fairy

be proud of yourself that you have come back to this site and admitted what we all (well I did)  thought . It's very easy to say look at me aren't I doing well, no relapses. However it's much harder to admit what's happened and how you are feeling. Don't let falling out with your daughter become anreason to continue to drink. My kids used to either shout at me, phone their dad and tell  him they thought I'd been drinking, or find my bottle and hide it. I was talking about their childhood to them. I'd convince them

• Posted

Sorry reply went off before I'd finished!

everything would be alright. I'd been full of guilt over their children, but all three of them said the good times outweighed the bad.

i don't want to state the obvious, but would your GP be prepared to let you have some lorazepam which I know would help, even just a weeks,s supply,  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.