ph Acid Mam... Test

Posted , 4 users are following.

Tomorrow it will be two weeks since I had my test and I was wondering whether anyone could give me an indication of how long I should expect to wait to get my results.

The man who carried out the test said he thought that I had an hernia but my Consultant would need to confirm that. He also added that I am making acid when I am asleep which is worrying.

Since having the test I seem to be suffering from AR even more and I wonder whether my anxiety is making matters worse.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ted!

When i asked this question a few months back noone answered! It does depend on your NHS trust, but it's about 6 to 8 weeks before you get to know. Mine was done early November, i got results just a couple of days before Christmas - and that was with a bit of pestering! Hope all goes well for you!

• Posted

Thanks Glennie at least that gives me some idea now. On your point about NHS Trusts I was wondering that as down here in East Sussex it does seem that there is less money than when we lived in Croydon. Although Croydon may have more people calling on its resources.

You obviously know how I am feeling not knowing what is taking place inside me.

hat was you result. Do you have an hernia. Whatever it is I hope its a positive result. Thanks again Ted

• Posted

Hi I had this Done at the beginning of the

Year as this was one of the tests I needed

To see if I could have the linx procedure.

I had to wait for the information to be

Taken from the monitor and put on

To there system. It took about 4 weeks

And I then had a follow up appointment

With the consultant who explained the

Results and discussed my options.

So hopefully not much longer to wait.

• Posted

Thank you summer200 for taking the trouble to reply.That is very reassuring. I hope that you you received the news that you wanted and if you do have the operation it at least eases your problem.
    • Posted

Hi yes I had the linx procedure about 3 weeks ago so early days

Reflux has completely gone.

Hope you receive your results soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.