phatom gall bladder attacks

Posted , 5 users are following.

Had my gallbladder removed 40 years ago.  In the past year I have been to the ER 6 times with pain.  Even after scads of tests, still there is no answer.  The pain is the same as though I were having an attack!  The the soreness just lingers around he area under my breastplate, often times radiating around to my back.  Nausea, dizziness, fatique, all the miserable symptoms of a gall bladder attack.  Any answers, help..........????????????????

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi.  This could be bile duct gallstones.  An MRI can confirm whether you do.  They could be cleared through ERCP.   Bile duct stones may be recurring.
  • Posted

I am having the same problem.....it hurts so bad sometimes it takes my breath away if you find out please share I do not have insurance .....
    • Posted

I don't know what state you live in but are you eligible for Medicaid?  Also, I do believe that a hospital cannot turn you down if you go to  the emergency room.  I have been scouring the "net" for answers and a diet in low fat dairy, grains, fiber, chicken, etc. is the best way to go.
  • Posted

Hi Chelsea, your experience is exactly like mine.  I would guess that you have Shincter of Oddi Dysfunction.  It appearsthat gall stones can still be made   without a gallbladder. I thought that was amazing as well.     As Marie says, you  need to have an MRCP    and maybe  a gastric ultrasound to be sure,   If the Common Bile Duct is dilated above 10mm, and your  blood tests show abnormal liver function, it is likely to be SOD. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.