Philosophy for today

Posted , 7 users are following.

Fcebook reminded me that I posted this last year.  Thought I'd share with my health-seeking osteoporosis friends:

Above all, do not lose your desire to walk: every day I walk myself into a state of well-being and walk away from every illness; I have walked myself into my best thoughts, and I know of no thought so burdensome that one cannot walk away from it ... but by sitting still, and the more one sits still, the closer one comes to feeling ill ... Thus if one just keeps on walking, everything will be all right.

Soren Kierkegaard, quoted in Chatwin, The Songlines

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Don't remember that particular quote form Kierkegaard but I spent quite a lengthy period of my young life studying his work - my first depree was in Pure Philosophy. That was 40 years ago . . . . . Thanks.    J

• Posted

Don't really mind whose work it is but I just love this quote.  I'm lucky enough to live in the country and it is impossible not to feel rejuvenated after a walk any time of the year.  

Not too sure whether you can enlarge the photo I've attached - I hope so. 

Keep well, keep happy everyone.

• Posted

Love your Philosophy Anhaga will definately apply these thoughts. Regards LInda
  • Posted

So true, it's just finding the motivation to get outside !  Once I'm out and feel the wind and even the rain, and occasionally the sunshine , I start to feel better.   It's taking the initial steps ! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.