PHN 8 years after shingles

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a shingles outbreak on my neck some 8 yrs ago-no real discomfort to speak of. In the last month and a half I have a sunburn type of discomfort on the r/ side of my abdomen and on the right side of my back. Heating pads works some. Advil maybe. However, in the am, I have this sunburn pain again. It is tolerable. It is sensistive to touch. No redness or swelling. 

Weird that I got this so late in the game, no?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have suffered from shingles 3years back. From evening time I start getting wiered sensation on the affected area plus hardenning of nerve. I get relief from applying coconut oil.Try it on sessative area.
    • Posted

you state  coconut oil  where can you get this oil from,  I have seen coconut butter.   do you put it on the heated  tender places neat  or mixed with water?  I will try any thing  Kindest regards  Jocelyne
    • Posted

I live in India and coconut oil is available in any mall or grocery shop. Here we use it for hair also. The standard brand is Parachute.I am still using it and I get immediate relief and could sleep well. I am also using Homeopathic medicine mezorium 200 and nat. Mur 30. Please remember I am not a doctor. I have stopped all allopathic medicines just after a month of attack.
    • Posted

I would like to add I simply apply it on affected area i.e. on sciatic nerve running from hip bone right upto heel. No heating or mixing.
  • Posted

Hi Im so sorry to hear your feeling like this,  I know its a killer in the sence that it stops you doing every day things.  I know I have only had shingles after effects for 6 months, but I long to be my "normal self" once again.  even at my age  I try to work (in a school) and find I have to mask the pain some times. I have tried so many drugs now, there must be some thing that I can do., they can do to take the pain away. from all of us in pain... NO one understands unless they have the type of pain we suffer  what it is really like.  Not even when you go to the doctors, they really understand this pain.  Only us  you me  really can know and express how this pain really is.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.