Piercing loud noise. Tinnitus

Posted , 6 users are following.

May 2015, I got tinnitus. At first, it was low humming noise in right ear only. A few weeks later, low humming noise in both ears. It never went away and still here today. I do have a question .... I am trying to figure this out. This morning, I had a "tinnitus attack" meaning my left ear all of the sudden went piercing loud and lasted ten minutes. That was scary and I had no idea what that was. I'm not sure if that was objective and if anyone could hear that because I was alone. But I covered my left ear with my hand and the sound was in and out. What happened???

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I also get "Tinnitus attacks", once a week one my ears will increase in loudness by about 3 times its usual hum.

I've had these for two years now, thankfully my ears continue to calm down to their usual hum after a few minutes, i do fear the high noises will become permanent one day then i don't know what to do if that happens.

Probably beg for a surgeon to make me deaf.

• Posted

This happened to me twice now. My T will spike and it would be so piercing loud. It calmed down after ten minutes ... I just wonder why? Do you know the cause of your tinnitus?
    • Posted

Hi. I don't think that you have tinnitus. Many people have a whistle or a hum that lasts for a few minutes. Tinnitus is a constant , unending ringing or buzzing that is life changing. It wears away your very being and makes you a shadow of your former self. First thing in the morning and last thing at night.... A nightmare existence, but there are ways to deal with it. I have to say that I am struggling big time and need meds to help me cope. If the GP stops prescriptions, I don't know how I will cope. Habituation through audiology is a good way. But you have to be strong yourself. Keep active and get out and about. Best wishes.
  • Posted

My tinnitus is so bad when i have migraine...i never get rest from it.wish there was a cure from this continues buzzing
    • Posted

This happened to me twice now. My T will spike and it would be so piercing loud. It calmed down after ten minutes ... I just wonder why? Now I have a headache and eye pressure after that happened. Do you know the cause of your tinnitus?
    • Posted

Well when mine started randomly at work a few years ago, i went to a tinnitus clinic and had a few hour assessment.

I was told that my hearing doesn't appear to be have been damaged by loud noise and that it could just be my ears wearing and tearing (i was twenty eigtht at the time, lol).

I'm thirty now and i've gotten use to the constant hum in both ears, however the loud spikes continue to scare me to this day.

I was told that my ears would do that in the first couple of months, it's been two years and it still happens.

• Posted

Hmm weird that it came suddenly and never knew why. I am trying to figure out what's going on with me. I am seeing a second ENT soon. I have other symptoms ... my ears pop when I move my jaw or swallow. I have some pressure in both ears. I just got tinnitus last month so It is kind of upsetting because I am already hearing impaired. At least you are used to it and you are sort of okay with it. I hope I get better soon. Thanks!
    • Posted

Is it normal for your T to spike and be louder than usual?
    • Posted

I wish you luck, i'm not happy about my tinnitus just happy it isn't louder smile
  • Posted

No I don't,,,it really gets me down,,
    • Posted

I'm sorry to hear! How long have you had tinnitus? Do you have any other ear problems or something? Usually tinnitus is a symptom, not a disease. Have you seen anyone about this? I know how you feel. I get depressed and have anxiety. I also have mood swings now. It is very upsetting what I am going through. I hope I get better and the same goes to you! Don't give up.
  • Posted

Don't remember when it started,,,,quite some years ago,,,it never stops,,when I finish work in 10 weeks,,,I will go back support clinic,,I did start, but it never fitted in with my work schedule 
    • Posted

Hmm weird that it came suddenly and never knew why. I am trying to figure out what's going on with me. I am seeing a second ENT soon. I have other symptoms ... my ears pop when I move my jaw or swallow. I have some pressure in both ears. I just got tinnitus last month so It is kind of upsetting because I am already hearing impaired. Do you have any other symptoms? Hope you feel better soon and same goes to me. Thanks!
    • Posted

Is it normal for your T to spike and be louder than usual?
  • Posted

Update: Saw a second ent today. Drove two hours to see him for nothing .... again. Told me to live with it, nothing he can do. No advice. Said it was eusthasian dysfunction tube so he thinks and told me he can't help. No cure. No treatment. I was like k .... My tinnitus started two months ago and he's like I have no explanation for that. If you're having hearing loss, go get a cochlear implant? I'm like uh no ... I will not? How will that relieve my symptoms. I'm so upset. I actually had to ask him if he can do a nasal scope and he was like saying why? I said ... Just to check? So he did it and say everything looks fine. Kept saying my ears look fine. I asked for an MRI and he said why? I'm like .... And he said I will look into it. I feel like crying. I wish I knew what to do. I still have no answers today. Waste of time and money. Hope you're doing well though. Thanks and take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.