Pilates

Posted , 4 users are following.

Can anyone recommend a Pilates DVD that is suitable for AS sufferers. Many Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maureen, I don't have a recommendation but I would suggest you to try few classes with a trainer. I had few and on one hand it made my muscles feel great, but on the other it created some form of inflammation in my body and the joints hurt a lot. The back is a nightmare. I still don't know if I will proceed or not, but just be cautious. Good luck.

• Posted

I don't know a Pilates DVD suitable for AS; however, I practice yoga 3 times a week at my local gym.  This class is my saving grace.....it helps me to remain flexible, develop core strength,  I listen to my body and don't over exert.  Good luck.

• Posted

My ambition is Pilates.  But at this stage very basic Yoga at home.  I am still learning not to overdo things.  I am interested in comments though about Yoga and Pilates.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.