Pilonidal cyst recovery

Posted , 2 users are following.

it's my 5th week of an open wound cyst removal surgery and I want to know how much time does it take to heal. My doctor said is healing at a normal pace and my wound is the size of a quarter in terms of height not width. It's just a line and it's no longer bleeding just throwing liquid from the showers I take 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

How are you doing now? Has it been 7 weeks? A quarter sized hole remaining is actually pretty good. Everything I've read said within 8 weeks it should be completely gone.

• Posted

hi, im doing better now thanks im throwing out less water when i shower so i guess thats a sign that is healing well from inside, the healing process was fast for the first month but the second month it got really slow but i hear from this page that is suppose to go like that. its been 7 weeks but im sure it would take a few more weeks to heal completely. this is my second surgery the first one the surgeon left some stitches to close half of it but it got infected so i went to another surgeon who said my cyst wasnt completely removed and he redo the surgery. this is so stressful cause its been 5 months in which i havent done anything just recovering cause my job requires me to be active and in shape so for now i cant do anything but wait and hope to recover soon. 
    • Posted

So if it didn't get infected do you think it would be healed by now? 
    • Posted

to be honest im not sure because my second surgeon said that my cyst wasnt completely removed during my first procedure, so i guess that might be why it was infected and i couldnt heal properly. the first surgeon was a referral from my insurance and my second surgeon was one that I search for and found good comments from patients. I think when it comes to surgeries always be sure to search the surgeon first, my best reccomendation. 
    • Posted

Yes that's good advice. Let me know when it completely heals. I wish you a speedy recovery.
    • Posted

sure I'll post another comment when i'm completely heal. thanks smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.