pilonidal sinus

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had undergone pilonidal sinus on 4th nov 2016. 

surgeon has cut a wide area and left so that it should heal inside out.

pls help me with precautions to take care of ex: food, medicine, how to clean etc..,

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

There are few precaution to have a food which help to heal your wound, likewise soup. Rest I wish if you can really update everybody once this thing will be recovers from this issue as I had once this operation and surgeon has done same with me but latter it came back and now after 5 years I am unable to visit doctor again.
    • Posted

They tend to keep coming back I've had three operations over 10 years first when I was 17 I'm 27 now and after four years of being free from this it's come back again. Now there taking about another operation. It's a curse

• Posted

I am really worried I had once surgeory about it and never went again as everybody is saying you have to go for 3 or 7 times for this same reason.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.