Pins and needles/tigly hands

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi ladies does anyone else out there get tingly hand/hands sort of round the wrist? Ive had this a couple of weeks now off and on and am very anxious about it. Its not bad but i know its there. Usually my left hand. If it was in my writing hand i would have thought it was RSI but its in my left hand/wrist mostly.

I did check with foc as i was worried it was heart related but he said its not uncommon. Any reassurance or advice gratefully received if you have s moment. Many thanks 😄

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Is you back or neck out? I ha e broken 3 vertebrae in my thoracic spine and fractured my shoulder blade. So I find I have alot of tingling and numbness in my arms and hands. All the best!
    • Posted

I think I'm OK neck wise and stuff - although I had whiplash around 5 years ago. Its only started tingling in these last couple of weeks - always seems to be something going on though at the moment - grrr.

Thanks fo ryour reply hun and hope you are coping ok? xx

• Posted

I'm not menopausal but I have had tingling and numbness in both hands and fingers on and off for years.  These sensations spread all up my left arm after a botched blood test two years ago.  I presume with me it is either circulation or damaged nerves.  I have had a lot of bumps and bangs over the years, so perhaps this has influenced it.  Cold, damp weather also fires it up.

I haven't had any investigations or treatment because I fear I might make things worse after the blood test fiasco.

• Posted

Hiya - yeah mine is slighlty in th elower arm at times - usually cos I'm panicking abut it I think! I have 2 small lumps in my hand too that are alittle like varicose veins to look at. The Doctor said it was nothing to worry about - but saying that to a menopausal women doesn't really help!!

I know what you mean about further checks. Doc said it wouldn't be worth proding around in there as it is more than likely to make things worse just as you say.

Guess justkeep an eye on it but thanks so much for your reply as it has really helped me. Take care hun xxx

• Posted

I have strange wrists. I'm most aware of it if I've been still for a while. It's especially annoying when I'm sleeping as it will keep half waking me.

Mine is more the upper part of my wrist. If I don't wake and give them a bit of a wiggle then the next time it wakes me it's like fine pins and needles and my hands feel numb.

Bit

Not good a 530 am I worry about my heart especially if it's in the left hand.

• Posted

HIYA  thanks so much for your reply - yeah mine is fine pins and needles too and perhaps it is a circulation thing then? Its always a worry in the left as the classic worry with that is the heart isn't it! I'll double check when I go to the Doctors next week and see. Its just another worry on top of the others really. Menopause is a real challenge at times.

Thanks everso much for your reply Hun xxx

• Posted

I get tingly arms almost every night, but only when I sleep with my arms bent. I thought it might be a circulation issue bit reading this forum I found others had the same issue so I didn't bother having my heart checked out. To me just another wasted test.

Don't worry about it. Just sounds like its just another peri. symptom.

• Posted

Aww thanks for your reply. Yeah I think its probably circulation issues again - add it to the ever growing list I guess. Thanks love - take care x
  • Posted

I forgot to say that I have a back injury as well. I went to a chiropractor and it made my back worse and I was left with pain on both sides of my neck after he manipulated my neck several times.  
    • Posted

Aww you are having a tough time hunni. Sorry to hear you have these issues. I hope you soon find relief from your injury xxx
  • Posted

Try some magnesium glycine as we are all deficient and this will only help,smile. Try not to worry and it will be okay

Blessings

• Posted

Hi Louise

Yes I have had this too. Overall peri is (touch wood) not too bad for me, but I started to have tingling in my hands - mostly my left too like you. And sometimes a little bit in my feet. But always the left hand was worst. It wasn't painful at all and it wasn't even very strong (I even questioned myself if I was imagining it but I am 95% sure it was real). It was worring more than anything. I also kept examining my hands all day and found all kinds of things in them! A small cyst in each, which I'm sure my prodding made worse; a nodule (which apparently was just bone), a strange shape at the top of one of my fingers. I'm sure all my self examination made the circulation in my hands much worse!

Anyway my GP (who knows I panic) said it was probably carpal tunnel (that couldn't be true because it didn't explain the feet and a chiropractioner ruled that out); my gyn said it was probably just minor circulation issues (and in fairness I did notice my fingers got very cold around the same time). 

I tried acupuncture twice which seemed to help for four days but then it came back (though maybe a little less each time)

Finally it went away and the things that seemed to help were i) I had a really great deep tissue massage which I think got my circulation moving again and ii) my used a weekly B12 patch for about five weeks. 

The whole episode lasted about six weeks and I became very concerned and probably overly focused on it. I always panic about (often imagined) health issues.

Looking back now I think it probably was circulation related and I am sure it was very minor. I'm sure yours is a minor thing too but I really sympathise because I know how worried I was at the time.

Maybe its worth trying the B12 patch or other things to boost circulation.

Take care.

• Posted

I tried a deep tissue massage to soothe the pain of chiropractory.  Unfortunately, it made me feel sick, I felt breathless, I had difficulty walking and standing for long periods.  I began to feel ill before I had even left the clinic.

Just lifting my limbs was extremely exhausting and painful.  I could barely do anything without bringing on these symptoms.  I was this way for nine months.  I went on to develop costochondritis because of the stress to my immune system.  Even now, my energy levels and pain has still not gone back to what it was before chiropractory and massage.  After a botched blood test to investigate my symtoms, I ended up with more pain and IBS.

The worst of it was, I was not warned about any of these side effects or how dangerous neck manipulation can be.  At best, only the mild side effects were mentioned.  I got my money back.

• Posted

I tried a deep tissue massage to soothe the pain of chiropractory.  Unfortunately, it made me feel sick, I felt breathless, I had difficulty walking and standing for long periods.  I began to feel ill before I had even left the clinic.

Just lifting my limbs was extremely exhausting and painful.  I could barely do anything without bringing on these symptoms.  I was this way for nine months.  I went on to develop costochondritis because of the stress to my immune system.  Even now, my energy levels and pain has still not gone back to what it was before chiropractory and massage.  After a botched blood test to investigate my symtoms, I ended up with more pain and IBS.

The worst of it was, I was not warned about any of these side effects or how dangerous neck manipulation can be.  At best, only the mild side effects were mentioned.  I got my money back.

• Posted

Oo thankyou for your reply! It seems the same as i am having. I also have small cysty type things in my hsnds now although these have got a little better.

I have acupuncture in Sunday afternoon so i am hoping that will help.

I cant help worrying though and am terrified its my heart or something. Its really knocked my confidence as I just cant stop worrying whatever i do or whereever I go. I really just want to cry or hide away on my own at the mo - i expect its another hormone low on the way or something but I just cant stop worrying.

Since all this peri kicked in I feel ten years older and have just lost "me" somewhere aling the way.

Ill have an early nite and a little cry and then I expect it will lift.

Sorry I -just seem to be replying when I feel extra low really. ill be ok tomorrow.

Thanks so much for your helpful reply -believe me it does help that you have the same symptoms as me and I really hope mine eases off soon too.

Luv and Thanks Nicola from Louxxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.