Pip

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi,I had my pip assessment in oct 15, lets just say it was a nasty experience resulting in be being reduced care and my mobility not awarded at all after 18 yrs of being in recipet of it due to major back surgery and nerve damage.over last two yrs I have been suffering what is now fybromyalgia,So I challenged decision,and the second decision and wrote a letter of complaint about the health care professional to Atos,I have a tribunal at end of Feb,but I received a letter yesterday saying the HP had not addressed point in the report,this has changed my points in the deceptiors so looking at it I now am eligible for enhanced care and what looks like enhanced mobility,so please if you belive your right keep at them,it has been so stressful for me and I have been prescribed antidepressants due to the stress and anxiety.im now waiting for a letter from DWP telling me my new levels and maybe the tribunal will not need go ahead.Does anyone know if from the day they said I wasn't eligible anymore(nov3rd2015),will I get what money they stopped repaid?

keep battling people,we need to be herd...x

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Snap I am going through this right now and I am persevering but it is a horrible experience stressful and exhausting
  • Posted

Hi milly, i completely agree with you. my application for pip was also refused due to the assessor lying.. not just bending the truth but a blatent lie, i challenged it and on mandatory reconsideration i won. you have to fight them no matter how much stress it is.. i know it's hard but no one else will stand up for you so you have to just dig deep and believe in yourself.

I hope you get yours backdated from when they told you you're eligible.

Good luck!.

Gill

x

• Posted

Gill that happened to me also, the assessor put words into my mouth and twisted things I said eg. I wear two hearing aids but were in being cleaned, she wrote that I only wear them when my sister visits! Incredulous! I walk with a zimmer and she claimed I used it fairly well so no points given.
    • Posted

Hi trisha.. They certainly do what they can to make sure you don't get it.. i'm just glad i have a good gp who wrote a letter for me and proved the assessor lied, they didn't have much of a choice about it after that.. but if anyone is in any doubt then a welfare rights officer is always a good thing to have on your side..

x

• Posted

Congrats milly and hats off to you for your persistence.  I was told when I applied that if awarded the claim is backdated and if your application is refused but you win in appeal the claim is taken from the date of your original application.

the CAB helped me complete my application but I was then duped into attending the atos meeting believing I was going for treatment.  Wasn't expecting it to be at a rehab unit!  Even so, as they had everything with my application the so called 'professional assessor' still wanted me to impersonate a chicken.  Some weeks later I received the letter confirming it had been awarded at the lower rate even though CAB had calculated me at the higher rate.  I didn't appeal as I was grateful for anything that helped towards the extreme expense of being ill.  Moving on I have now been told that my condition us permanent and I struggle to adjust in finding ways round things but I'm getting there.  I have also been told if I appeal I could lose the award I have which makes no sense but it's enough to make me leave well alone.

ive also been told I need my kitchen and bathroom altered and that grants are available for up to £30,000 to help with this but unless a paper pusher rubber stamps your need the dr, surgeon, physio and pain managements opinion means nothing.

rant over.  I'm having a bad painful day and my optimistic bubble is a little deflated.

• Posted

Hi Milly

you did well to persevere with your PIP, and I'm glad it worked out for you. I did the same and went to tribunal and they backdated it all the way to my initial claim so I would have thought that you should get it being they have admitted that this is and was your condition from your claim.

The tribunal awarded me PIP for a year, which as it had taken so long to get to the tribunal was up a couple of weeks after they awarded it to me, so I then had to make a new claim and have an assessment, it all seems mad to me and the stress of it is unbelievable. I am still waiting to hear, but I hope all goes well with you.

• Posted

Thank you everyone,it's not been easy and not over yet.but the Atos people lie,are rude and fabricate things,they should not be allowed to get away with the treatment of us..I'm writing back in reply to her being examined and her reply which had even more lies....I'm so pleased I took someone bwith me to back me up.wish it was all over and done with x
    • Posted

milly19, exact same condition as myself, my son came with me, because I had just suffered a stroke, and her lies were crazy. Again she said I had good control over Zimmer frame, so no points, also she told my 30 year old son to shut up and let me answer, even though I was ver confused, a complaint is ring put in about her
  • Posted

Yes! I put going for my PIP appeal process and all that goes with it, as one of the worst days of my life, I had a welfare officer with me and she was about useful as a fart in a lift. Lol

i had to have my appeal adjourned so that my doctors letters can be obtained, which the so called welfare officer had forgot to mention, or even get on my behalf. I was offered lowest grade of pip, then I took a stroke, and all the symptoms that came with that made me re appeal, which they then took my mobility away all together. I was furious, I know of friends, neighbours, and family who get the highest rates and I can assure you I'm in a much more chronic and problamatic health condition. I had to get Valium to go to the first appeal. After that day I completely lost it, my doctor had to up my ant depressants to highest dose.

i have a new date now for 2nd March, I've read all my doctors notes, surreal but no doubt they will twist that as well☹️

• Posted

I suggest if you have a proactive MP you should tell them of your ordeal.I wrote to mine yesterday as PIPS refused me after a reassessment after I had been awarded enhanced care for two years before surgery back in May . Now that I cannot drive ,cut meat re pare a meal etc I have Ben awarded 7points opposed to 12 points last year. I am furious
  • Posted

Well I have just got  my copy of the assessors report. Evidently she did not submit the correct paperwork and do not say I wa sin asking when she arrived and did not say my son had

s to cut up my meat etc. So they will be getting a phone call on Monday. We have all got to stand up for our rights against these bullies

• Posted

I meant she did not say I was in  a Sling when the assessor arrived at my house 
  • Posted

Hi pip so sorry to hear the trouble you have gone through from what I know you should be backdated all the money your owed I'm still at moment on DLA haven't gone over to pip yet and not looking forward to it sending all my love to you xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.