Pip assessment

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi

can anyone tell me that if you get a decent report from the health proffessional , she ticked all the descriptors that I thought I should get, it looks like 14 for care and 12 for mobility going by what is on the internet about the points system.

Does the decision maker usually go by the assessment  report or can they decide against it and not award you pip ?

I would appreciate it if anybody knows they could tell me as it is taking a long time for the dwp to make a decision or is a month after the assessment not bad?

0 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi I don't want to be negative but the asseser makes their own decision I got refused despite supporting evidence but after I went to tribunal I got awarded enhanced rate for both components

• Posted

Hi,  I waited 6 months after assessment and was told that I've only been awarded standard rate care, but I still haven't received the official decision.  I'm still waiting for the assessors report.  No mobility despite being a blue badge holder, having a stair lift, using a walking aid and not being able to walk 20 mtrs more than 50% of the time.  I'm thinking that perhaps if the DWP don't like the assessors report they look for reasons beyond that to deny the award.  The assessment is supposed to be to measure how your ilness affects you and when it (the report) confirms your restrictions and finds, in your favour then the goal posts get movedl Obviously this is just an oppinion. 

• Posted

Thanks for replying 

seems then if they do that its pointless seeing an assessor if they go against the report what is the point, I just wanted to know if that can happen, I was hoping it didn't I'll just have to wait and worry and see what happens, the whole thing is a nightmare 

• Posted

Exactly, what is the point, though it would be interesting to find out more about this, perhaps someone who's been through a similar thing.  They didn't ask for a reprt from my Dr until after the assessment, wich I thought strange as they had 5 mnths before they finally assessed me.Yjen they kept telling me they had all the information they need, next tey said that my Dr was impossible to get hold of.  I spent an hour on the phone to the Dr and DWP, gave the DWP the Dr's fax number and still they didn't send the form,  After that they again said that they hadn't got the form, essentially they didn't send one and after 5 months they asked me to get a Dr's letter confirming my ilnesses, within a week, or they would close my case! I did and had to pay for it.  Finally after that the form arived at the Drs.  And all of this was after they didn't turn up for the first 2 assessments.  Nightmare is an understatement. 

• Posted

On the other hand Nicolette, the DM on my claim ignored all of my medical evidence and virtually made their decision based on the assessors report alone, which was very flawed and altough I had the assessment because I reported my condition and needs had gotten worse I lost my award.

I think it depends on how competent the HCP & DM are. The nurse who assessed me knew nothing about my condition and despite me explaning it to her, she continued to examine me and I had to spend 3 days in bed recovering, Then to add insult to injury (literally) I lost my award.

My ESA assessment was carried out by a physio who knows how my condition affects sufferers, didn't keep me any longer or do anything more than necessary and I was placed straight into the support group. I really have given up trying to work out how the DWP brain works!!

Good luck

• Posted

You can't really go by anybody else's experiences then I'll just have to wait and see but it really gets you down all this it seems like it's been years instead of months.

I was on dla before and it was nowhere as bad as this has been

Thanks

• Posted

Decision makers have no medical training or knowledge only the internet

As a guide which makes the whole DWP face to face a scam my notes

Said I was carrying a medium size bad infact it was a shopping bag

Its designed too save money and give private companies a contract

• Posted

Hi Nicolette, have you had any news re your award yet?  Also can I ask how long it took for a copy of your medical assessment report to arrive.  I rang up on 14th July (11 days ago) and it has still not arrived.  I don't know whether to call them again or not - I just hate speaking to them!

• Posted

Hi TCake... I have literally just got off phone now to dwp. I've just requested a copy of my report. This wait is doing my head in. I know you've been waiting longer than me as well. What area are you in? I know someone from by mine waited 10 days for their decision after assessment.

Hopefully we don't have much longer left xx

• Posted

I had my assessment on the day we voted 'BREXIT' 23rd June.  I received a text the very next day from the dwp saying they had all the evidenced required to make a decision and I rang for a copy of my report on 14th July.  So it has been aprox 4 1/2 weeks since my assessment.  I live in the North East.

• Posted

Hiya TCake

no news yet the waiting is getting me down ,  I hate ringing them too but might tomorrow as its been 6 weeks.  it took just over 2 weeks for the report to come and they put a letter in saying we are sorry it's taken so long to make a decision.  But like I say some people are waiting 8 to ten weeks .  

• Posted

Yes I had same text next working day after my assessment. I'm in the north west.

How can it take them long than 4 weeks to look at couple of pieces of paper!? Are they looking at it every day.... do they look once then leave it. Do they pass it around an ask other people's opinions. I don't get why it takes so long really x

• Posted

Thanks - hopefully mine is on its way then - I'll give it until Thur, which will be two weeks.  

I know what you mean about the waiting - seriously, every morning I seem to linger round the front window looking for the postman.  It has been 4 1/2 weeks since my assessment.  I have also heard that as the year is passing, the length of time for award decisions is taking longer no matter where you live!  Fingers crossed you hear soon x

• Posted

Hi, I'm in the North East - and I agree with you - surely they have the assessment report and your evidence in front of them - it couldn't possibly take them that long!  I think they drag their feet because if you are awarded higher that you were on for you DLA, you only get it from the day they make the decision - so I suppose the longer they keep those people waiting, the more money they will save?

• Posted

Who knows, when I rang they said it was taking so long because of a high workload.    

saying that though I think when it first started people were waitin 6 months or something 

• Posted

Hi tcake I'm in the northeast got letter dated 21/9 to say they have all info how long did you wait for your decision as dreading brown envelope

• Posted

Hi I'm in the north east too....I've rang today and they said they've had everything they need since 21st September....she said they hope to have a decision in 2 weeks or less...if it is 2 weeks it'll only be 12 weeks since I first rang up and applied....my assessor was canny but who knows what he's wrote 🤔

• Posted

Hi my letter was aslo 21st pip assessment got to them on 9th so hope its not to long as they also said had all info this waiting is just horrid
    • Posted

my assessor was canny but who knows what he's wrote

?I wouldn't say that assessors are 'canny', none that I have come across (18 face to face assessments) could get out of first gear with their ability to question the claimant properly. Some do try to be 'DCI Banks' but fail miserably.

?Instead they form an opinion which is generally wrong that they know more about the individual's difficulties than the claimant does.

?If we had more intelligent assessors who have had a lot more training in interview techniques we may get a more believable report at the end of it.

?To go from 'I like to visit my neighbour and her dog next door' to 'I take my dog for a walk twice a day for at least 200 metres each time' is laughable.

?And what I find hilarious is that the assessor along with the DWP Decision Maker will stand by that level of incompetance until they can made to see the light by an appeal tribunal. Even then they question the tribunal's decision making skills over that of the assessor!

• Posted

Hi tcake I'm also in the north east I had my assessment 2 weeks ago....how long did you wait for a decision?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.