Pip assessment

Posted , 5 users are following.

I received a letter today stating I have to attend an assessment relating to my pip in 9 days time. I was forced to take an assessment relating to my esa a couple of months ago and have just gone over my pip entitlement letter and it says i am entitled up until july 2017 so why this early assessment. It is also affecting my mental health as they want me to travel to a different atos facility, much further away from my home and i have checked they can do thrse pip assessments at the same location i recently did my esa one.

Can anyone please help/advise? Why this sudden requirement for me to take yet another assessment all of which are detrimental to my mental health and why the different location? I receive lower rate pip. I suffer from severe anxiety, panic attacks, depression and insomnia. For all im heavily medicated. I am also a single dad and hopefully you can imagine all the extra stress this is now causing me so clise to christmas. Any help is greatly appreciated

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, it's normal now for them to contact you a year before your PIP is due to end.  Were you contacted in July with a normal application form, or the new shorter renewal form?

The location shouldn't be a problem.  The first appointment is computer generated and can be anywhere up to 90 minutes away.  You will be able to rearrange this once so if you contact them and specify that you would like an appointment at the centre that you know of which is closer they should sort that out for you.  You would then have to attend the rearranged appointment or they will send you claim back to DWP.

• Posted

Hi when I had my PIP Assessment it was done at a ATOS PIP Centre and I understand these are totally different centres than Those where ESA Assessments. PIP Centres do nothing but PIP Assessments. Hope this helps.
    • Posted

That's not actually true. In many cases ESA and PIP assessments will be carried out from the same venue. Yes they do have some different ones but on the whole they are the same.

?ATOS no longer carry out ESA assessments - it is now a company called Maximus. Strangely the venue I used to go to for my ESA assessment (ATOS) is still being used by Maximus for ESA AND ATOS for PIP assessments. The building is part of the city council property and is leased by both ATOS and Maximus who use the same reception and same assessment rooms.

• Posted

In my area of Cheshire they have dedicated PIP Centres they are in different buildings than those used for ESA Assessments.
    • Posted

It would appear that it depends on the area that you live in. I have just had a look in my area and approx 70% of the ESA assessment centres are also PIP centres - and were also the original ATOS ESA centres as well from 2008
  • Posted

Hi

My pip was due next July. I received my renewal this July as most people do. I had to have my assessment on November 1st. I still haven't had my decision as they are going back and forth with atos. ( its now been 5 weeks since my aseesssment)

I have seen the report so I know what the assessor said. She recommended I loose all mobility .

As it's got nearer to Christmas I have got more anxious and stressed. But please try to enjoy your Christmas. I have learned the hard way and been very ill for almost 3 week. The stress of the last 5 month has got me to braking point. You probably wont hear anything until afterwards now. So please try to not fall in the same trap as me and have a good Christmas ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.