Pip award then new format?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all I received my pip award just weeks ago low rate care and high mobility, for a ongoing period and the letter states they will contact me may 2026 but today I have recived a new pip application dated last week? I so confused?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

So glad you have received your award Dean. It's confusing about receiving another form; I would ring them and query it; probably just an admin error. Pleased for you! Best wishes, Mary
    • Posted

Hi Mary thanks, the way the letter reads is i have asked them to look at my claim again but I haven't so scared they will take it off me I have only had it weeks fill so down now
    • Posted

That's odd Dean, but I'm sure it's an admin mistake. GIve them a ring; there should be someone there this morning. Don't stress or feel down, get it sorted so you can relax in the knowledge that you have the Award. Mary 
    • Posted

I have tryed to call closed so Have to wait until Tuesday now can they take my award away so quick? They said in letter 2026.
    • Posted

Oh I thought they were open on Saturday mornings? I'm sure they haven't taken the award away. Try not to worry (easy to say I know!) Put it to one side and enjoy your day. Are you able to get out in the sun at all? I feel sure it is an admin mistake. It WILL get sorted but there is nothing you can do now until Tuesday. Worrying won't help. Try and distract yourself with whatever will help you.
    • Posted

I will try Mary, the letter does say if you don't want us to look at your claim again please contact us, just don't know where it's all come from they PIP department are guilty at putting us under so much stress it's unreal.
    • Posted

Yes, I've seen programmes on this. I think they are totally overloaded with claims, and mistakes happen. I'm not excusing it, but just try and keep in your mind that it's an admin error. I'm still waiting to hear if I am even going to be assessed. I started my claim back in mid-March, so it will probably be another couple of months before I hear anything! Take care and ring them on Tuesday. I'm sure will will be well! x
    • Posted

I hope so Mary, keep me posted how you get on hope all goes well for you x
    • Posted

Thanks Dean. Do post on Tuesday and let me know how you get on with the phone call. Best wishes, Mary x
    • Posted

Hi Mary spoke to pip, they said I told them about my disk desease before I went on my f2f hence why the forms was sent, I had to wait for a call back from a case manger as they are the Only ones why can with draw a request to review your pip, the case anger asked if I was happy with the level of help I was getting I said yes she said to put them forms In the bin and not to worry, thank God x
    • Posted

What reassuring and excellent news Dean! That must be a huge relief to you. Now you can relax and concentrate on doing what you are able to do as your health condition allows. Take care.Mary x
  • Posted

Even though you have a long term award the DWP do have the right to look at it again at any time and don't have to give a reason for doing so.
    • Posted

Hi les the way the letter reads as I have reported a change to them not as they are wanting to look at my award, even still a review after just 3 weeks what could change in that time?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.