PIP AWARDED !!

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I have been awarded PIP daily living at standard rate. Nothing for mobility though.

I totally understand all the others who said the assesment was a farce. I stressed that my main problems were severe fatigue and insomnia. Fatigue was not mentioned in the decision at all!. Sleep was only mentioned because I was being helped with medication!.

They do lie and the do ignore most of what you tell them at the assesment it seems !!

Anyway I am not going to appeal it as I am just glad to be awarded something and would hate to rock the boat. I have heard such horror stories about appeals!

Thank you to all the lovely people who helped me through this PIP process.

Amanda

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Woowww Amanda can I be one of the first to congratulate u !! I got my forms today waiting for a appointment with a girl in Belfast (where I'm from) to help fill the forms in. Maybe this is the start of us in agony day in and out getting the help and benefits we need !! Xx
    • Posted

Thank you !

I didn't think I would get anything but like I said putting down the aids helped me !

I filled in the forms and wrote on seperate sheets about how Fibro affects me daily and why I can't do things repeatedly , safely etc..

I wish you the best of luck with your claim !!

Keep us informed of how you get on!

Amanda

• Posted

Hi just seeing that ur from belfast so am i.! I got dignosed nearly 6 years ago an been turned down twice.! Awaiting word on my appel so fingers crossed hopfuly u have bita better luck than ive hd.!
  • Posted

Hello can I please ask you how you make a claim and what available benefits are out there?

I went off work two months ago ( sick) with a slipped disc. There is now talk about a referral as they think I may have fibromyalgia. Honestly I'm struggling to cope. I'm in agony everyday and barely able to keep our heads above water on ss pay. I can't see me being able to return to work this yr. not until this pain is under control and I have answers.

I just don't know what to do and who to talk to.

Best wishes

Vicky xxx

• Posted

To claim PIP I just phoned them up and answered some questions over the phone to see if you are eligable to claim ( you need to have had the condition for three months and expect it to last at least nine months) and if you are eligable they will send you a form to fill in        ( you only have a certain amount of time to do this before you have to send it back!)

After that they send you an appointment for an assesment to tell them about how your illness effects you personally.

Then that report gets sent to a desicion maker who awards what they think you are entitled to.

For me the process took 10 weeks but the do backdate the money to the day you phoned if you are entitled to it.

You can also claim ESA if you are on sick but you will need a fit note from your doctor to claim this.

Hope this helps

Amanda

• Posted

Hi Amanda 

its so good that you got PIP, well done! 😊

• Posted

Thank you..it is a relief !!

Thanks to all the help on this forum !

Amanda

• Posted

Well done Amanda good to hear a positive side to this. I am at the appeal tribunal paper consideration stage with having been awarded 16points last year as I have had Fibromyalgia for 10years and had frozen shoulder for 4 yrs that then.needed surgery. It was after surgery due to a totally incompetent lieing assessor that I had my award for 2yrs removed. It is clear that the assessor lied and has contradicted herself over he descriptor points. I have decided to.not go.in person as this would stress me out too much. It is horrific what they have done as I am a single mother with no money coming in as I cannot work.and have been.put into the Esa support group. Which I also.had to fight for reinstatement. I just want to be reinstated Pips and put it all behind me asap
  • Posted

My advice to everyone is

DON'T FORGET TO ADD

I wouldnt have gotten PIP without the points for aids!!

If you stuggle to wash your feet, buy a sponge on a stick !!  its 2 points !

If you have sensitive bladder buy aids ( protection) for this ...another 2 points !

Why throw those points away ?

Amanda

• Posted

Sorry meant to say

Don't forget to add any aids you use or should use in your claim...lol

• Posted

Congratulations Amanda,

I've been on a medical certificate for 7 months after my knee 'popped' a few months after arthroscopy for torn carriage. Difficulty walking, sitting, sleeping etc. Talk of Tendonitis or Fybro.... however according to the reports I don't have any difficulty with mobility. Hello. Knock knock anyone there. It's blatantly obvious I can't walk etc because I don't have a 'frame' 'crutch' 'stick' means I have no mobility issues. I can appeal but that would mean a trip to the GP. A GP visit is expensive and money I can't afford. I wish I had your luck Amanda.

• Posted

So sorry you got that result.

I expected to get many more points that I got and so much of what I said was ignored.

Could you not phone you GP or get a home visit?

Did you get awarded anything from PIP?

Amanda

• Posted

I haven't been awarded anything. Feel so down. I've been trying to get we'll ever since I collapsed in 2012 with a seizure to then find out I had tumour and now me fibro etc but I think it's all brain injury but I never get answers. I'll see if the ME letter helps rolleyes
    • Posted

So sorry to hear this...

I have no experience in appealing the decision but I am sure you will get loads of advice on this forum from others who have been through it.

I have no idea on what they base their desicions but they do not seem consistant at all!!

Best of luck

Amanda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.