Pip decision

Posted , 13 users are following.

I've had my face to face consultation over 3 weeks ago and firstly I received a text message to say they had all the info needed to decide my pip claim and will receive a decision letter once it has been made, then recieve another letter 2 weeks later saying they have all the info and reports needed about my condition and they are sorry it's taken longer than expected to give a decision on my claim but they will contact me as soon as a decision on my claim but they will contact me as soon as a decision is made. Is this a good or bad sign and has anyone else received this type of letter and what was the outcome

Cheers

1 like, 71 replies

71 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It's an electronic rubber stamp. MIne was almost word for word.

• Posted

Hi have you had your final decision, I'm only wondering cause I applied for pip last year and didn't get a letter as I've stated only one to say that I wasn't entitled to pip cause I didn't quality

• Posted

I'm at tribunial stage but am totally lost as to what's going on.

• Posted

Hi Imustlmust

I went to the higher tribunal last year and even with all the positive evidence I took with me they made me out to be a liar , even with supporting documents from my GP , I felt like I had lost the decision as soon as I walked into the room but good luck with yours .

• Posted

Hi lmustlmust I no how u feel I have been though some think like it their make u feel that u are not tell the truth I went though is for a he'll of a long time about 10 year but do not give in

• Posted

Only I have heard that people have received this letter and got the right decision
  • Posted

It's code for "We are currently undrerstaffed as everyone is either sick or on holiday" 

• Posted

Suppose I'll just have to wait and see ,I've never been in this situation before

• Posted

Hi David,

I had that same letter and I decided to ring just a few days later to see if a decidion had been made and it had.  Unfortunately they were not able to tell me at that stage what the decision was, but I rang again  a couple of days later and they were able to tell me the outcome, which in my case was a positive answer.  I revceived a decision within 4 weeks of my face to face.  I hope this helps.  

• Posted

Hi suses

Thanks for your positive reply, so in some cases when you receive that letter it looks like a positive decision has been made, it's the first time I've received it , so hopefully I'll get the same answer but I'm not holding out for it , knowing my luck it will be negative!

• Posted

So what do you think in your opinion the chances for me ? Do you know of anyone else who has received that letter?

Many Thanks

• Posted

We had face to face on 10 august .we have not received any text or letter.i phoned for the assesment interveiw paper work which i have received. contacted dwp they advised received paper work on 12 august can take up to 12 weeks for a decicion.
  • Posted

I received the same letter prior to my decision.. My decision was that I'm not entitled and the entire script from my assessment was total rubbish, the only thing to indicate it was actually my assessment was my national insurance number.

So be prepared for the worst... Hope for best and know that if you able you can appeal.

• Posted

Hi Rmanuni

If you don't mind me asking, what are your disabilities that you were trying to claim for .

• Posted

It's for mental illness, Bipolar effective disorder, depression, mania,anxiety disorder ptsd.

We rang and requested the note from the assessment and it was all lies I had a massive panic attack during the assessment and the 'nurse' thretend to end the 'assesment'...

In my form it says I was calm n all this other rubbish which may sound petty but it's not fair to lie, says I sat in a busy waiting room... I didn't there was myself, my mother and 1 other person other than. Reception staff. They've even Included a physical assessment with results which I was neither asked to partake in,nor agreed to and was never give an assessment... There's even a peak flow reading.. Which ironically had they actually done one would have been bad due to my asthma that day as opposes to the 'nornal' reading they listed. The 'nurse' wrote down that my condition was controlled even though she was told that's not the case, that ive been in hospital recently and we're given medical documents.. Which they've not even looked at and they never requested anything from my consultant or doctor. When I saw the hospital social worker they re did the assessment and said I should have been awarded 15 more points... So they've requested a mandatory reconsideration.

A friend of mine had their mobility taken off her, she has fibromialgia... They had to take it to tribunal and are awaiting their date.

I seriously believe it's a hit and miss and depends on the person assessing you.

So if it doesn't go the way it should.. Be prepared to fight them. Fightback are very good.. You can find them on fb

• Posted

Sorry for bad spelling.. Dyslexic and forgot to. Spell check before I sent that, sorry.
    • Posted

I can't believe you never got approved with your disabilities it is a complete joke , I know people that in my opinion have nothing wrong with them but have been awarded it , me myself have degenerative spondylolisthesis all through my spine and cannot walk very far without stopping even with the use of a walking stick ,I've also had operations on both my shoulders through impingement and still having trouble with them plus heart trouble, had a mini stroke and problems with my bowels and urinary tract, but even with these problems I'm still feelinga negative outcome is going to be the outcome

• Posted

I think they just wanted to kick me off because I've had dla.. Kick as many off as possible... Horrid government.

Hopefully you'll be okay, if not. If you have the energy request mandatory reconsideration.

I think they are banking on most people just giving up.. But if you can fight it, you're entitled to it. Many of us and our families work for many years, decades paying taxes.. When we get unwell we should be entitled to help, when genuinely entitled.

• Posted

I totally agree with what you say , I've worked since leaving school more than 30 years ago and hardly had any time off sick, my back and shoulders are a result of my job which means aswell as my other problems I'm unable to work again , I like many others have paid lots of tax and n.I over the years so think we are entitled to some help when it's no fault of our own , there are people out there who have been able to work who have been on this and other benefits all their lives , I wish I was well enough to work , I'd be back working as soon as I could . I had a good job with good money so I'm not one for benifits but if need be we should be entitled to them .

• Posted

I have suffered from depression too for many years and I'm under the mental health authorities for treatment which is an illness that people who don't suffer from it don't understand how bad it is .

• Posted

Yes, what they are doing is beyond belief. This is not about finding out who is entitled, and who is not. They are deliberately targeting the most vulnerable. And are causing chaos to people with genuine disabilities. It is sadistic, and must have come from the very top. They are making people with mental health issues far worse, and giving people with physical disabilities so much stress it is affecting their mental health. To go in and target the most vulnerable in a society is to deliberately attempt to de-stabilise the entire country.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.