PIP Refusal

Posted , 3 users are following.

I dont get it???  I was asked to attend an interview for PIP and it was refused   No news there then - However the following week I went for ESA assessment and was put into the Support group with the GP who carried out the assessment writing that I will be wheelchair bound in approx eighteen months and that I would need an electric wheelchair as my arms  are of little or  no use to me already due to pain and that I would not be able to self propel in a standard wheelchair????   How can my PIP be refused when a DWP doctor seen my Fibromyalgia as bad as it is???   

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I am sorry about your PIP experience, I had a very similar experience and was refused as well. You are not alone in situations like this, there are many with serious conditions who have been refused as well. PIP was supposed to be a replacement of DLA, but instead seems to have a very similar process and the points system used to determine an award is equally as strict when compared to ESA. My belief is you, like many, have been the victim of the DWP's attempt to keep the number of PIP claimants as low as possible, and as a result they will try to use every excuse they can to not award you points. In my case they stated that the reason they didn't give me points was because in my 'how your disability affects you' form I hadn't stated that my condition affected me on a regular basis, despite the evidence from medical reports proving otherwise. My only advice would be is to ask for a reconsideration and wait for the result (although in a majority of the reconsiderations, the result is usually unchanged) if not then you should appeal to HMCTS for a tribunal. If you get as far as a tribunal then be careful if you have good and bad days because if you are having a good day when at the tribunal. but you don't state that then they will assume your more able then you really are. I made that mistake and while I was given points in one discriptor in which I had 0, they did drop a few points from other discriptors because I forgot to mention my good and bad days. Well I wish you good luck and I hope you do get your PIP.
    • Posted

The PIP report was just full of so many lies Chris   I attended with my daughtger who is my carer full time  She handles all of our bills etc and assists me to bathe and dress etc   The report states that I told them that I do all of this myself!!!  I barely spoke to the woman and this was never said  How do they get away with telling lies??
    • Posted

They turn Claimants down to try and keep the cases lower, it's just one of the "dirty tricks" they are known for! rolleyes
    • Posted

That's why I hate the assessments, how they think they can judge your problems in just 30-40 minutes is ridiculous.
    • Posted

Not surprising about the report, I noted many inconsistencies in my report, the DWP are getting Atos and Capita into making reports that could make it harder for claimants to get an award.
    • Posted

I would like to see a bunch of unqualified no bodies, okay maybe an ex-paramedic once in awhile! To determine everything wrong with me..lol

It took a USA Professor of Neurology and his own team flown in from New York to London, where I met them every 3 months for nearly 2 years, before they could find what was my problem/disorder. I had to sit in the middle of a huge round room with my wife, and we were with the Professor, all his teams were sat around in the circular room. Basically, I was quizzed by numerous US neurologists, and the Professor.

Even now, I am seen by the British President of Neurology - he is well known in the UK by many Neurologists. If I mention something I done recently, and I did not know I was not supposed to do it, he makes all phone calls to various departments, to make sure anything that is required is provided, and funded by the correct departments.

They have started sending me all carbon copies of letters to my doctors, so I can back up any claim for PIP with dates and where injections were given and by which Neurologist. They did not used to do this, only recently, and all referrals are carbon copied as well.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Hi Wendy,

It is nothing new, the DWP is doing many strange things, ESA maybe granted  and PIP refused, the whole system is in a mess. They are trying to make out to people they have less appeals and new claimants than what was initially stated. Course many people knew it was untrue, so the DWP started putting through some cases quicker than others, the fact is they still have a huge back log, which will take years to clear, even now.

The truth of the matter is if you get DLA Mobility Component Low Rate now, then after the PIP change you will not even get anything!! How does that work?? The PIP Mobility side only has two sections, the chance of you obtaining enough points is virtually "nil", yet it has only 2 questtions both of which can give you a possible maximum of 24 points, where as the Care side as a maximum of 72. The chances of receiving Care is higher than Mobility.

I'm on Contribution-based Employment and Support Allowance (Support Group), I had no "face-to-face" interview, but this only happens if you have a disorder that will never improve, and only becomes worse, which is very depressing to actually state, since I been like this since my 20's! My main Neurologist states I have Generalized Dystonia, but my team Neurologist states I have Cervical Dystonia amongst many other things. Most people think Cervical is to do with the Cervix, with Dystonia this is actually the neck, and where I have 6 injections every 10 weeks. But I have many disorders as well, and I haven't yet been changed from DLA to PIP, it's due, just don't know when.

I would appeal on your PIP, especially since your ESA now completely contradicts your PIP status. Do it, they won't like it - but unless you fight them you never win on your first assessmentt anyway.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

I am in process of appealing after reconsideration refused too Less

I will let you know how court hearing goes but I am not holding out for anything positive  x

• Posted

Well good luck, but from my experience, I felt sitting in the tribunal was equally as bad as the assessments. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.