PIP Tribunal

Posted , 6 users are following.

Had my PIP Tribunal it was worse than the assessment it lasted over a hour. The questions were terrible I lost it a couple of times

gave them some more evidence and was told that I would get the verdict through the post as they had another case.

How long does it take to get a verdict by post?

I forgot to say someone went to the court with me and they were shocked at the question i was asked or why they were asking them!!!

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Sorry for your ordeal.  I hope the see sense. It's cruel what these people are allowed to put vulnerable people through.  Hoping things go well and you get word soon. Xx
  • Posted

What was wrong with the questions?

The tribunal has to question everything it's purpose is to search for the truth and decide which descriptors would apply.

I agree that they can be very intrusive - my last appeal hearing for Council Tax benefit lasted half a day! They had every law book out that they could get their hands on as well as all of the relevant case law.

I came out (after winning) totally drained and said to myself never again.

Hence why I refused to take up the offer to transfer my DLA (High Mobility/Middle Care) to PIP. If it meant having to go through that sort of thing every couple of years for the rest of my life no money is worth it.

• Posted

Do you mind me asking what sort of questions they were?

It sounds like they really put you through the mill!

I hope you get a good verdict and they don't make you wait too long. 

• Posted

Sounds awfull what ever they asked, probably on the personal side am i right? Reading all these stories makes me ask just one question, just how bad does one have to be to get PIP?

Im dreading getting my letter to apply for PIP, like Les i dont think ill bother.

• Posted

I don't blame you. From what I read and hear you have to be either at death's door or be a dam good actor. Fortunately neither apply to me.

I just have a lot wrong with me that cause a lot of difficulties for me in my life and I just try to adapt and get on with living - I really don't have much choice.

At my age having to look forward to years of filling in these application forms and fighting my case at a Tribunal is a step to far. 

• Posted

Les im begining to get the picture now, no one gets it with just filling in forms or the first interrogation, it seems we all have to appeal and go to tribunals and hope things will improve.!

Ive been told they seem more interested in the mental side rather than physical, how true this is i dont know.

Sue 

• Posted

Sue they're more interested in the mental side because they're trying to catch us out.
  • Posted

Hi all, great news! The tribunal awarded me daily living and mobility components.

This should of never had gone to a tribunal in the first place!

Some of the questions: did you go to school? Do you know what a carrot is?

They asked the person that went with me, if I was safe around children?

Next up, waiting tribunal date for ESA!

Thanks

Twiglet

• Posted

By god, I'm wondering if they went to school! cheesygrin

They should realise by now that this system isn't working because far too many people are appealing and winning and they're not saving the money they're supposed to be saving!

They're trying to treat us like idiots but they're the idiots. 

• Posted

Hi all had my ESA tribunal today and was put in the support group, I was in and out in 30 minutes. I was only asked 10 questions and they were very friendly.
    • Posted

That's brilliant Twiglet! I love hearing the good news stories. Congratulations. razz
  • Posted

Sorry I forgot to put standard rate and 0 points at the assessment in September!
    • Posted

Thats such good news, how long you got it for? So if they ask me what a carrot is and i say a round green thingy  i might get points!  LIke Les i wont bother i dont think.

Sue 

• Posted

Hi Susan, i was awarded until September 2017, my rep said that when the time comes, we will go again and it should get extended for longer next time!

Interesting thing, my rep is now working on 30 cases that are all going to Tribunals for ESA or PIP! What is going on and what is the true numbers having to take it to a tribunal?

When I got the verdict letter it said that the evidence i gave at the tribunal, i was not able to give at the assessment in September. I told them at the assessment that I was diagnosed with for arthritis

And that I was waiting for the medical letter to be posted to me. So when I appeal the decision, i sent the medical reports that I did not have before and I still did not get any points. So when you apply

For PIP or ESA, you sign to give them permission to look at your medical records, but they do not bother!

Interesting that it was a big part in me winning my case!

Like les says, when I let the tribunal, i felt drain and angry, and said i can't keep doing this!

I guess the panel have to ask the questions to satisfy the DWP

• Posted

So glad that they finally saw sense.  Just a shame you had to go through such an ordeal x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.