Pip, Waiting for Capita

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi,

I'm currently waiting for an assessment date from Capita as Im in the West Mids area, I made the claim in October 2016 and Im still waiting, I telephoned Capita and they say that it as not been give a date for an asessment yet and they have no dates available to give me over the phone. Im claiming due to problems stablising Bipolar...anyone else waiting for Capita !

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

That's a long time to wait I know but I think that they are possibly (don't quote me of course just my opinion) prioritizing those that are unable to walk due to severe disabilities, I am not placing a lesser need on your requirements but think that due to the very high application numbers including those moving from DLA that could be the reason, did you send in plenty of supporting medical evidence with your claim

• Posted

All sorted, it took along time but no f2f required, awarded enhanced rate for both. Thank god its over
  • Posted

I know it's not very helpfull but there's really nothing you can do but wait. Backlogs do depend on what part of the country you're in. I have no idea on what backlog lengths there are. The good news is if your claim is successful you'll be back dated to the date you rang to start your claim off. When i first applied for PIP i waited 11 months for an assessment. Had a huge back pay in the end.

• Posted

Hi,iv just had an assessment with capital  put my forms in to reapply got a date with in 2 weeks,I'm in Wolverhampton.

• Posted

that is a ridiculously long time waiting!!! Im not sure what to suggest other than Id irng the DWP and ask them do they know what is going on!
  • Posted

Hi everyone. I attended yesterday for my assessment and was told on arrival in woyld possibly nit been seen. As the practitioner doing my assessment was overloaded with work. And there were people still waiting to be seen. They had an appointment fir today at 2.30 but didn't want to give me this. As same practitioner had other commitments and had to leave early. The lady kindly rang to try and get another appointment for me and my mum and partner explained it would have to be an appropriate time at which they could support me, as I now suffer memory problem's and can't remember where I'm going. But there were no available appointments for the for see able future. So I'll have to wait for a letter again. Although it's not the fault of the staff at the centre the assessments are held. You would think as the practitioner knew he had to leave early and was overloaded with clients to see. They coyld have had the decenty to ring me. As my appointment was for 3.30. We arrived at 3.05. And was informed immediately. It would just have saved us a journey we didn't need to make. Although I know this won't affect anything in way of my ESA. Just would have saved my mum from collecting both my partner and myself and having a wasted journey. Rant over.

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear that Bobby. This happened to me once 3-4 years ago. I prmoised myself in future i would always ring them the day of my appointment (before leaving home) just to make 100% sure the appointment is still going ahead. Maybe you should do this before you leave for your next one.

• Posted

Hi Denise.

My partner did ring in the morning, And was told my appointment was ok to attend. On arriving the lady in reception said she didn't think i would been seen, as the practitioner had fallen behaind, and had to leave early. Poor thing tried her best to arrange another appointment, but unfortunately, there were none as yet. We explained i have to go into Leeds General on the 16/02/17, for more surgery on my arm. So we were given another number to ring in case i am in hospital an receive an appointment. Just have to wait untill it arrives. Thanks for your support, it really is appreciated. Now i know this is happening to many more people, makes me feel its not just me there messing around . Mark.

• Posted

Hello. It does seem a long time for an assessment however they do get very busy.  I can't remeber how long I waited after my initial telephone interview but I did receive a text message quite soon after that and a letter to confirm they have my information. have you had this?  I had my assessment in person in June 2016 and was refused twice will zero points. I appealed and it went to court on january 2017 and I was then awared standard rate daily living.

Please please get as much medical support as you can, get letters from your GP, hospital, Citizens Advice, and any 'official' organisation that you can to support your application. 

Good luck

• Posted

3 months is no time at all. There's backlogs in most areas. Some areas people have to wait longer than others.

• Posted

All sorted, it took along time but no f2f required, awarded enhanced rate for both. Thank god its over

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.