Pituitary gland tumor back agian

Posted , 4 users are following.

My wife sufferred pituitary gland tumor with 7mm she performed a surgery to remove this tumor last May 2016 but unfortantely one month ago she perform MRI and we discover there is still a tumor 4mm.

Please we need expert consulatnt in Germany in pituitary gland tumor.

Appreciate your feedback

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sayed. I live in the UK, so I'm afraid I can't help with a consultant in Germany.

When they operated did the surgeon manage to remove all of the tumour? It is sometimes difficult for them to remove it all if it is too close to certain arteries or the optic nerves. Also depending on where the tumour is, as to what it affects and how fast it is growing. If all of the tumour was removed in May 2016 and it has grown 4mm in that time, then I can see that would be worrying.

My own tumour was originally around 30mm and was removed in 2013, I have residual tumour left, and this does show up on the MRI scan, but it has not regrown so far. Hence why I asked the above question.

Not all tumours cause issues - I would go to your family doctor and see what consultant (Endocrinologist) they could recommend.

• Posted

Thanks Esc4p3 for your comment.

Actually we don't know if the tumor first surgery was removed totally or regrow again within these two months.

I searched about doctors in London also, I get recommendation for Peter Bullock in the London clinic who are speciaized in such surgery. Do you recommend this dr in Uk?

Thanks

• Posted

I live in southern England and was treated by Mr. Mathad a Neurosurgeon in Southampton hospital. He was very good, but I'm afraid I don't know Peter Bullock. We have a Pituitary Foundation charity here in the UK who are very good, perhaps they would be able to assist. Their website is pituitary dot org dot uk (the moderators here sometimes block URLs, which is why I have shown it oddly) and their helpline here in the UK is 0117 370 1317.

• Posted

Edie they tell you they got all the tumor after the surgery? My brother had his first surgery thru his nose, they could only get part of the tumor. Then in 2 months later they did another surgery inter cranial to get the other part of the tumor. A few months after that they did another Mri and found the tumor had come back. They are now doing radiation treatment on the tumor for 5 weeks. It is shrinking. Has your neuro surgeon given these options?  They also have him on hydrocortisone and desmopressin as part of treatment.  I know this has been a slow and difficult process.  His treatment is in Cincinnati medical center. I wish your wife the best and she will be in my prayers. Keep us updated.
    • Posted

My wife made this surgery in Egypt and Dr informed us tumor was totally removed and my wife case after 2 months become much better and hormones anaylsis become better.

But one month ago MRI showed that there is still a tumor with 4mm and hormones anaylsis are not good.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.