Pityriasis Rosea and Pregnancy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

Great forum indeed.

I got diagnosed with PR today could anyone please advise if they were ever diagnosed with PR whilst pregnant. I'm on my very first trimester and i'm a bit worried about the effect of this rash on my baby and the use of Cortisone.

It is hard enough dealing with the PR, now having to worry about the pregnancy as well just makes the itchiness even more intense due to stress.

This has got to be the worst virus I ever had my entire life, even worse than chicken pox. I am honestly loosing my mind, then the Dermatologist adds salt to the wound by telling me it will 8-10 weeks to clear.......I was like you have got to be kidding me seriously. You mean to tell me I might go through this nightmare for another 8 weeks😢😢😢.

I heard about the shampoo and the sunlight, I guess I will try that too.

Regards

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

So sorry you're going through this whilst you're pregnant, I do hope things start to get better a lot sooner.

I also have eczema and I continued to use my steroid ointment during my pregnancy in a controlled manner and thankfully my son is fine, maybe discuss your options with your Dr first?

• Posted

Hi Samina.

Thanks a lot for your feedback and your advice , I will be seeing my Gynaecologist tomorrow.

Regards

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.