Pityriasis Rosea Itching

Posted , 7 users are following.

I got diagnosed with PR a couple of weeks ago ?? The spots, as ugly as they look does not bother me. I understand that it's one of those things that you just have to let run its course but the itching is doin. My head in! I've tried steroid creams, moisturiser, I've switched to aveeno body wash and I've avoided anything that is not for sensitive skin but nothing works! The itching isn't that bad during the day but at night it can become unbearable! Does anyone have anything else they have tried and has worked? I'm willing to try anything!

Thanks!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi emma

i know what you mean, the itching is worse at night. good on you for not letting hte spots bother you.  are you based in the uk? i found sudacrem worked for me when i had it n washing in head n shoulders took that edge off.  i wshed in head n shoulders and then patted myself dry and then i salthered on sudacrem (the zinc in it also helps treat it faster)

• Posted

Have you tried desitin? I covered my body in zinc oxide each night after a cool bath with head and shoulders as a body wash.
  • Posted

Hello. I dunno if this will work for anyone but I'm on my second bout 6 years after my first which lasted 3 months until I used sunbeds and RESTED. Im on my second week of current bout and I just looked in the mirror and it's improved dramatically since yesterday. I had a sunbed session yesterday which made them look angry then covered myself in 'daktarin' (someone on here said it worked for them but they said daktacort) I'm also on antibiotics for a chest infection. I washed with hemp soap all over and covered my self in daktarin again, and again this evening, it's sooooo itchy after the cream but it seems to have shrank the 'patches' and made them less pink some have vanished. However I will say my herald patch was there for 3 months before I broke out in main rash so who knows and it vanished the day the rash broke out. Dr confirmed pr. I also highly reccomend an immense amount of SLEEP. i may be jinxing it but compared to my last bout this is incredibly effective. Day 9 pr

• Posted

My main point of the post was actually to say that after being soooo itchy for about an hour of the cream, the itching goes completely. I have moderate itch without treating. Sunbed made it look scary but stopped itching straight away
  • Posted

I found 40% zinc oxide (Bordeaux's Maximum Strength Butt Paste - diaper rash cream, it's stronger than Destin) took most of the itching away for the longest amount of time

• Posted

Hey I was told I had PR almost 2 weeks ago it had to be the most uncomfortable and itchy pain I've gone through. It spread to my back chest arms neck and groin. I've taken oatmeal bath used hydrocortisone head and shoulders shampoo and only thing that has worked is SUNLIGHT. THE PAST 2 days I have stood in my yard and let the sun hit me and I'm finally getting relief after unbearable nights of no sleep. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.