Pityriasis rosea pins and needles pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

My daughter (11) was diagnosed about 3 weeks ago after 2 weeks The sores itching all over her body, we initially thought it was ringworm and thus treated it for such. The doctor gave her a steroid cram and you can barely see any of the blisters, in fact we thought it was gone because she had no itching for the past few days. All of a sudden today she has been having episodes of extreme pain in which she describes as knifes and needles being stabbed all over her back. The pain is so severe she is basically convulsing as she shakes from the pain, and it feels like she is going to break my hand when she squeezes it through the pain. It only last 15-30 minutes, and we found that ice packs are helping stop this tournament. Has anyone else experienced this symptom? This is NOT itching, it is pain that no parent ever wants to see their child in.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am so sorry to hear that. I haven't heard anything about this side effect in all my research. I'd take her back to the doctor. It doesn't seem related. I felt prickly- like stickers in my clothes but nothing like that!! Bless her heart and I'll be praying.

• Posted

Yesterday I felt something like a pinch a few times on my herald patch that is now healing but it wasn't really pain. I think you should talk to her doctor or take her to another one. Hope she gets better soon!

• Posted

My daughter was also just diagnosed with PR, rather it is their best guess.  She has some areas on her scalp and said she felt a few very sharp pains there a few days ago.  Nothing like what your daughter had though.  Mine did however have severe arthritic type joint pain for about 10 days, which began when the first bumps appeared.  They say it is possible this is all part of a viral illness.  I hope your daughter is improving.
  • Posted

Hi kassey08922 is there a chance your daughter could have shingles?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.