Pityriasis Versicolar

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had this condition for 8 years and it started with the hot flushes at menopause, i have been misdiagnosed ever since, from Scabies to folliculitus and finally the homeopath diagnosed it after 3 useless dermatologists. Everyone tells me it is not contageous but now 3 members of my family have it, My question is, Can the malassezia or pityrosporum feel like it is biting you and it seems to spread at night and I wake up with like track marks of blood on my skin in a straight line, is this possible?? Any answers with help and advise welcomesmile

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have pityriasis versiscolor too. I've also always been told it wasn't contagious. I hope I don't give it to anyone. sad

I've never had any pain or blood with the pityriasis versicolor. Could that be bedbugs instead?

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, some one else also answered and suggested the same as you, so I must investigate further as it could be a few conditions at once. Perhaps it is a coincidence that other family members have similar conditions. Please do not worry about it, if no one else has it then you are safe.smile

• Posted

I have had this condition since I was 32 I am now 50, I have never had the symptoms that you are talking about. I have had a biopsy proven diagnosis.
    • Posted

Thanks, maybe I have more than one condition going on. After treatment for supposed scabies all hell broke loose and have had an ongoing battle. On top of that have solar keratosis a precursor to skin cancer, but benign.

Too much sunburn in the tropics as a child. All the best, hope to keep it under control. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.