Pizotifen and alcohol?

Posted , 2 users are following.

i was just wondering how severe the effects of a combination of pizotofen .5mg and alcohol would be; i am 18 years old and have been taking one pill nightly for about two months, during which i have consumed no more than 1/2 a pint of beer in one sitting. this had no effects, adverse or otherwise, and i am considering drinking more next time. any bad experiences with the combination?

i realise this is a petty problem compared with most of the others raised on this forum, but i am getting very bored with sitting in the pub nursing a pint glass of coke.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ben, I've been taking pizotifen for a couple of months now, and like you I was very cautious about alcohol. Recently I went out and drank two large glasses of wine with a meal, and felt no ill effects. I think the alcohol might make the pizotifen stronger, ie. it seemed to make me more sleepy! No ill effects though!
  • Posted

Hi, i have been taking pizotifen 0.5mg for 5 months, and at first i was very cautious and drank very little alcohol. I checked with my doctor about a month into taking them and he said that a could have a glass or two of wine or beer and should be okay. The problem with mixing alcohol and pizotifen is that both can make you feel sleepy so combining the two can cause problems and be potentially dangerous as a result. I only drink alcohol in the confines of my own home or where i feel safe and can get home easily if i need to. Better to be safe than sorry.
  • Posted

I've been taking Pizotifen .5mg for several months daily, and I have been drinking too. To be honest I can't see much of an effect, other than maybe feeling slightly more drunk than usual. So I just keep an eye on how much I drink and how I feel, but so far I haven't had any other problems.
  • Posted

I have been on Pitzotfen for around 4 years and have not altered my alocohol habits. I still drink once or twice a week and sometimes it'll be a bit of a bender. I'm now on 1.5mg and I don't see any adverse affects of drinking with it.
  • Posted

I have been taking Pizotifen for about 18months and at first I'd get really tired after just a glass of wine but now it's fine. The other side affects have also decreased considerably (such as the increased appetite bit) and my migraine frequency has greatly reduced and my quality of living has definately improved :D
  • Posted

I'm about to drink for the time on 1.5mg.. As in a night out so to speak...

My doc told me & the nhs website states

Alcohol will jus intensify the side effects so possibly make you drowsy but 0.5mg is pretty small & I take my dose at night so by the time u drink it shouldn't affect it just take that days dose earlier or in the morning was recommended

Regarding other side effects.. Looks like a large pizza on the way home then! :D

I have to add I have had zero side effects from takin these tablets not even appetite.. Maybe taking them before bed opposed to in the morning makes a diff?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.