Plantar faciitus

Posted , 5 users are following.

Anyone here suffering with plantar faciitus what helps with the pain.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Cushioning. Orthotics, ice, exercise and pain killers. Get referred to a good podiatrist who can get you the right insoles for your shoes which should be supportive. Roll a frozen golf ball or bottle of ice water under your foot to cool the tendon that is inflamed. Stretch your calf muscle which is probably the main problem. I do this by standing on my bottom step and allowing my heel to drop. You can also go online and research exercises for this. The main thing that will allow healing is to cushion and rest for as much as possible. Good luck.
  • Posted

This is curable. My GP tried a cortisone injection into my heel (painful injection with a long needle) but did not solve the problem.  My physio (in Poland) solved the problem by stretching my foot over several sessions.  That hurt but she cured it.  That was about 5 years ago and I have had no pain since.  I don't now remember how long it took though I have a feeling it was 3 or 4 visits at roughly monthly intervals.  Maybe NHS physio would offer this treatment but, if not, think about private sessions.  In Eastern Europe these services are much cheaper than in the UK because labour rates are so much lower than in UK.

• Posted

Nothing helps.I have had this for a while.I just try to sit as much as I can.I have done everything.I have custom inserts and it takes a while to break them in.They kill my feet.I can't work cause of it.

• Posted

Dear Donna. How I feel for you. I do remember how painful it was for me. I agree shoe inserts were not the answer for me either. I can only repeat that my physio actually stretched my foot over a series of visits did work for me. Have you talked to your physiotherapist about that possibility? Alan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.