Plantar fasciiitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

One thing that I have not tried is something called The Graston Technique. Would be interested to know if anyone  has had this done and what they think of it.  It involves going over the tendons with special steel instruments and It's a fairly new thing which has come over from the USA I'm sure.  Would be interested to hear any feedback.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I did try this. It did help with the symptoms, but overall did not heal my plantar. I ended up requiring surgery. You have to release your calve muscle to relieve the stress on your plantar. Stretch, stretch, stretch. Good luck.

Jayjay

• Posted

agree - tight muscles can contribute - jay888 what surgery did you have?
    • Posted

I had a double calve resession and double plantar release. It was rough, but I am feeling so much better.
  • Posted

I have had the Graston Technique done   - it is just like getting a massage but you have to have the right person do it (it's only done for a 5-10 min).  It does help.   I had two PRP treatments done and I am 98% pain free now.
    • Posted

Thank you for your response.  I think this is the way I am going to go next.  Need to get rid of this horrible problem now after 4 years.
    • Posted

It cant hurt to try - anything helps..  looks into the PRP treatments too if your insurance covers it - 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.