Plantar fasciitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi can anyone help me am new to this.I been having problems with my feet and calf's over the past two years now but its getting worse as I don't keep to good I spend a lot of time in my bed I started getting really sore feet

When I get up in the morning at first it felt like I was walking on wee

Pebbles I now can't put my feet flat on the ground at all I have to walk on

My tip toes.When I get up in the morning you would think I was over 80 I

Have to hold on to things to get to the bathroom the pain is that bad.

I had to bye high heel shoes so I can walk out side to go to the doctors

Or hospital appointment s I have fell quite a few times now cos of me

Trying to steady myself on my tip toes the pain is under my feet and my

Calf's am now getting pain on the top of my feet to now not even painkiller

Help I was told years ago I had flat feet can anyone help me as I dread

having to get up to go to the toilet or to make a cup a tea its that bad

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

What have the doctors said?

You probably need to stretch your calves (gently) to start with. Try icing your feet after stretching too.

• Posted

Nothing just waiting on the physio dose anyone else with this walk on there tip toes do I put the ice in a bucket with water or something else

• Posted

Ray see with the ice thing the problem with that is I struggle to

put my feet in a swimming pool or beach I hate cold water lol

• Posted

you can take a polystyrene cup and fill with water - freeze it - it will expand slightly over the top - then hard friction your foot at teh sore parts till the ice melts and peal back some of the cup and keep going - 20 mins at a time
    • Posted

OK ray thanks a lot I defo will try that I let you know how I get on thank you ray
  • Posted

Susan..see your gp..see if you can get a phsio assessment. Ice and alternate warm foot soakes and google foot exercises and you should find some expert advice. Roll a tennis ball under your foot or a bottle of iced water. Very important to get shoes that work. Not flat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.