Plantar fastitus

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi there feel so guilty just come back from the GPS after going to have my cortisone injection done. I couldn't go through with it as it was too painful he put the needle in my foot and the pain was unbelievable he said because I moved my foot it he could not carry on I feel such a failure nerves got the better of me just so painful. No offer a local to number the area he went just below my heel underneath on foot

I feel so unhappy now what else can I do 😭😭😭😭

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

sad 

Claire - I'm so sorry to hear about your trip to the dr. I never had a cortisone shot in my heel for my plantar fasciitis but I have had one for my shoulder before and it was painful -- I can only imagine how much it must've hurt for you!

How long have you been suffering from PF? If you haven't, you should get proper shoes, add stretching exercises and use a splint at night. 

Ice on the heel helps relieve some of the pain (not all of it). 

A glass (or two) of wine can help too!

Feel better!

• Posted

Wow! I am so sorry! An injection is next on my treatment schedule. I do not look forward to it!
    • Posted

I wish he had offered some pain relief I am in agony now and have experience been suffering for 6 months now
  • Posted

I really wanted it doing and am so much pain
    • Posted

Claire, 

Your situation sounds miserable!  There's no need to do a cortisone shot.  

I hope you will consider researching EPAT (Extracorporeal Pulse Activation Technology).  Find a podiatrist who knows about it and offers it.  

It's clinically proven, non-invasive, no needles and may help you avoid surgery--but most importantly, it will get you feeling better faster.

Good luck!

• Posted

Hi Claire:  I just had my cortisone injection yesterday and, yes, the shot was quite painful, but quick and today,  just 27 hrs. later, my foot feels so much better.  Planning a quiet weekend with rest, icing and stretching the calf muscle for full recovery.  A moment of pain (shot in the foot) is worth a long duration of no suffering from this annoying, painful foot problem.  The doctor used a cold spray 1st, then the injection.  It was very quickly done.  All the best to you and get the injection! 
  • Posted

Interesting. I've always heard the shots are painful, but a few people are here said that was nonesense. I'm so sorry you had such a rough go at it.

I recently tried something someone on here suggested - I wish I could remember who and give them credit. Had to look it up...doknoabox. They'd mention that they wore plantar fasciitis therapy wrap padded supports. I looked for them on Amazon, but was directed to some socks, Bitly Plantar Fasciitis Socks (1 Pair) Premium Ankle Support foot Compression Sleeve. I bought two pairs and wear them every night and anytime during the day when I'm at home. I was sceptical when they arrived because there is no padding. But I think they are making a huge difference. Today I was at my sisters, watching my nieces and walking barefoot (my indoor Crocs that I wear with my insoles broke). I had not pain while walking on the hard floor! That was seriously the first time in over a year I've experienced that. I pray you find some relief soon.

-Mo

• Posted

Ouch! Cortisone shot sounds scary! I am way too afraid of needles - even though my doctor recommended one for me. I am wearing a splint at night - or trying to but its so uncomfortable I usually only end up wearing it for an hour or two and then taking it off so I can get some sleep. 

I want to get some proper shoes so I can get around with less pain but I cant stand the way the orthopedic shoes the doctor recommended look. They're ok for around the house and puttering around. But I can't bring myself to wear them outside. Anyone have any shoes they'd recommend that are comfortable and wont make me look like I'm 100 years old? 

• Posted

Check out Vionic sandals.  Cute styles and specifically designed for people with foot problems, esp. plantar fasciitis.  Nordstrom stores carry these and I got mine in Pacific Grove @ Marita's. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.