Please !!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have ADD or ADHD problem, help me !

3 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am 71 and still have ADD or ADHD. Many years ago, I went to see a hypnotist to help myself to be more orderly at work.  Well I have held on to the cassette tapes for at least 40 years. I just recently converted them over to .avi format with a free software program. The reason at first was to give a really excellent bowler with three 300 games, but very critical of himself an Idea why professional athletes take advantage of hypnotist, like Tiger Woods. Thus I wanted to show how possibly hypnotism as used by sports professionals. After 5 month, he never even listened to it at home with his girl friend!

You can go on the internet and type in for example ‘Athletes taking advantage of hypnotism to improve their game’

Anyway, as for me, when computers became a necessary tool, it was easier to organize every thing with the use of the saved tapes.

Now, I have been going though some court litigation for about a year now. I use the tapes to stay organized and stay calm. I really have not needed any legal counsel, since my expertise doing research, has so far been sufficient to stay ahead of the other litigant.

Now I had in the past when I would fly out every other week to another state on projects, I used Melatonin (any vitamin shop or drug store has these pills) to change my body’s clock to the new time zones.

Now I take ADDERALL, 20 mgs, sometimes at 5 Am and then go back to sleep to 8 AM.  I use it also for narcolepsy.  I do find at times that that I become nervous. The medication are time release capsules.

Now I had been using about 100 mgs of Melatonin along with a prescription medication to help stay asleep.

Recently, for what ever reason I have become nervous during the day, thus I started to use about 50 mgs of melatonin during the day, which calms me.

Now with ADD or ADHD, I remember multitasking but with a great amount of disorder. At that time I had been on Ritalin, the amount prescribed by my doctor when I was around 30 years old, was 120 mgs per day, which is 4 times the amount allowed by the FDA. The Hypnosis also helped. I was a project engineer.

Anyway, I would recommend that you talk to your doctor about time release capsules of Adderall. I have just about tried all of the other medications.

In addition if you still find yourself multitasking etc. try adding Melatonin, but once again talk to your doctor about it.

Also, have been listening to old sessions on concentration, neatness and organization and surprisingly I still finding them effect to this day, I would strongly suggest going to a hypnotist. Be sure that each session is recorded. One reason is that when you hear him while awake, you will be more susceptible of being hypnotized. You will need to tell the behaviors that you need to minimize.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.