Please give me some relief (pregnant worried)

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have gotten tick bites and I freaked out because I got this rash not at th's tick bite but somewhere else on my body it's two little circles no rings around them kinda reminds me of a ring worm or something anyways haven't had a fever or flu or anything have had joint pain so don't know if that is from the ticks or not I'm currently on the antibiotics for lyme they said they would check my blood at next appointment is this lyme? I wish I could add pictures of the circles I just read everything that you get it around the tick bite like a bulls eye and I dont have that?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ash,

I caught Lyme Disease last year and was diagnosed after 3 months and have now recovered.

If you remember being bitten by a tick and you're presenting with the circular rash, your GP should clinically diagnose you with Lyme Disease, without the need for testing. As you are currently on antibiotics, a blood test will more than likely show negative for Lyme Disease as antibiotics affect the testing outcome. If your GP isn't aware of this, make them aware.

You should be on Doxycycline antibiotic for 28 days. It's important to deal with the bacteria immediately or it may lead to recurrance and complications later. It's much harder to get treatment if the Lyme Disease bacteria hasn't been dealt with the first time around - this is a big issue.

Doxycycline - look this up on the internet. There's some things you should know when taking this antibiotic:

1. Avoid going out in the sun - you may burn more easily

2. Eat something before you take it

3. Drink a large glass of water with the antibiotic so it can enter the blood stream quickly

4. Take it regularly and finish the dose, even if you're feeling better

Get yourself informed. I liaised with Lyme Disease Action - you can find their website on the internet. There's a Pathway to Treatment for your GP, which you can run off and take with you if you need to talk things through with your GP. The GP probably doesn't know much about Lyme Disease, so don't assume that they do.

You can also email Lyme Disease Action for advice. They are a recognised source of information about LD and liaise with Public Health England, so you can trust their info and advice.

Keep up informed about your progress and good luck!

• Posted

I'm on amoxicillian for 3 weeks because they said it's safe for pregnancy so even if I have finished the medication when they take the blood work will it still be alerted with it? How many blood test do they usually take I read that the western bolt is most accurate and did you have a fever or get sick with lyme because I never did and everything I have read that's the main symptoms?
    • Posted

Contact Lyme Disease Action Ash, they will answer all your questions and help you. They really helped and supported me last year when I was ill with LD.
    • Posted

Sorry, didn't answer your question about my symptoms when I was ill. I had the rash, experienced aching and burning pain in my legs, arms and back, couldn't sleep at night, brain fog, exhaustion, numbness across my stomach, heart palpitations and many other symptoms. Not everyone experiences Lyme Disease the same way, which confuses medical professionals when trying to diagnose people. 

When I first learnt I had Lyme Disease, I had so many questions, like you. The internet is a good source of information but there's a lot of negative stuff out there that can just end up frightening you. That's when I stumbled across Lyme Disease Action and they helped me loads.

All the best!

• Posted

How do I Know if I have been treated early enough and what do I do if I get another tick bite while on antibiotics I don't know how I even get them the dogs stay outside and I keep the floors vaccumed and I still find them on me oddly they get on my butt even if I wear them yoga pants I don't know what to do
  • Posted

ash, not everyone gets a bulls eye rash not everyone even gets a rash, and some peopel get rashes that are not bulls eye, you wont always know it you hav ebeen  bbitten as  the thing deadens the skin  on the bite, if you know you have been bitten dont delay in going to the doctors.
  • Posted

Ash, you mentioned in your first posting that you are pregant. You will need to get advice about antibiotic treatment during pregnancy. 

Caroline

• Posted

I just found another one on me last night but I'm already taking the antibiotics for Lyme so should it be okay ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.