Please help!

Posted , 7 users are following.

To make a very long story short, I've been dealing with this problem for TWO YEARS!!!!!! I'm at my wit's end! I have them in my hair, on my face and all the way down to my feet! Most of the remedies I've read on here are just for neck down. I've recently obtained some 10% permethrin and mixed it with lotion 1:1 & took oral ivermectin of which I also obtained on my own, now I'm itching more than ever & wake up with something sorta like tiny crumbs all over my sheets, is this the dead ones or living ones? I'm so drained mentally & physically, I dont even come out of my room but to bathe and use the toilet. Can someone,anyone tell me what these crumb loike things are in my bed? I feel like I'm going to mentally collapse at any given moment.......

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, Dena,

I have been dealing with scabies off/on for almost four years.  I validate and fully comprehend you're frustration.  It's hell.

Note, after a long period of remission, I was reinfected. As a result,  I nearly committed sucide. Instead, I become very agressive towards the mites.  For one thing, I know longer use any perscription medication for this condition; as it did not work for me. Waste of time and money.  Next, I realized that mites appear to adept at  building up a tolerance for most any remedy. So the key, I believe, is to change it up! 

For instance:

One night, bathe with bleach and sea salt.  After bath, cover body with mix of powered tumeric and grapeseed oil.  Sleep with oil, rinse in the morning.

Second night, bathe with tea tree and sea salt.  After bath, cover body with mix of clovebud and grapeseed.

In other words, make the mite's life a living hell.  Turn the tables.  Main stables are: sea salt, grapeseed oil, tumuric powder, clovebud oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil and if you can tolerate some borox in bath water.

Recently, heard about diatomaceious earth food grade producing good results.

But haven't had the funds to purchase, yet. Will post when I know more.

May God bless and be with you, Dena.

• Posted

Thank you very much Thia, you really made me feel better, right now I'm living in a house of 7 and no one else has it or should I say no one else is symptomatic, because I treated about a year and a half ago and got rid of them for a very short time, this time I am going to make everyone in the house treat all at once. I just wonder if one can have these & be a carrier and not show symptoms..... so many what if's and I also wonder since I just finished chemo & been in the hospital for the most part of a year that my immune system is not strong enough to fight these things properly. These things consume my every thought, thanks for the feedback, lol, I could ramble on forever.
    • Posted

Dear Dina,

I highly recommend utubeing Anita Moojani. Having scabies has given me much time for introspection. I am prone to the believe that nothing happen's by accident. That said, I need to learn whatever it is that I am suppose to learn from the scabies and move on.  Moreover,  I am wondering if having bugs living in my body isn't the physical manifestation of feeling emotionally bugged? My prayer is for God to give me courage. 

Let me know what you think of Anita Moorjani. Please know that you are not alone.

You are in my prayers.

P.S.  Please try the tumeric mixed with grapeseed oil!

• Posted

Ok, don't panic.I have been there in full panic and for the same amount of time. However before you use anything else you have to check internally if anything is going on. Firstly Liver problems can cause the same sensations of itching, biting and crawling and so can a number of other auto immune disorders such as thyroid, and celiac..Scabies are not know to live in hair or face so lets look at other things..

look around where you live, are there plants in your home, are you near an open window, any chimney in your home? Do you have pets? Check your bed. pull up the mattress and carefully look at any bedslattes for bedbugs..you likely will need a torch. If you find any call environmental health. Also be on the alert for rats. Both birds and rates can carry mites so you need to check these things out. 

I will never really know what I ran into. This is what I did..I abandoned scabie medicines. I arranged for a dermatology appointment. Whilst waiting I checked the net for other sufferers. I found apple cider vineger and used it as a hair rinse after shampooing in the shower.In the beginning I left it on for 5 mins but watch the eyes.I found once I had tackled the hair and the back of the neck my symptoms began to ease a bit..it took about 2 weeks on a nightly basis. I moisturised my skin with a large tub of  fragrance free cheapo stuff you can get from the chemist.I also added vinegar to my washing.

Don't automatically think any little red spots that look like bites are bites..they can be coming from an internal condition. I had an internal condition I did not know I had..so might be an idea to check thyroid and liver functions out.

• Posted

Thanks Sky! I DO sleep right under a window with a window unit air conditioner and a huge Crack in the wall that is covered by Gorilla tape of all things! I want my skin scraped & examined & my head itches only in a few spots which are scabs and hurt really bad the rest of my body itches with the same scabs & hives , I know I do not have lice because I went through that 2 years ago when my daughter was infected at school then gave it to me, that was another nightmare but at least we knew how to treat it and get rid of it. I just want it gone, whatever it is! Now my sister is starting to get the symptoms sad
    • Posted

Oh! Sky, I have Liver function tests along with other bloodwork & many other tests every 3 months due to cancer that I have just been through, I know the chemo can weaken my immune system. Thanks for your recommendations! 
    • Posted

Ok.Now your thinking..the vets sell a flea spray that lasts about a year, You can do the whole house with it. Spray around the window and in any cracks you can see. Then spray any carpet and leave the room. Now you cannot use this on clothes..but what you can do is very carefully spray the inside and outside of wardrobe doors. If it is a type of flea(look up cat fleas and human fleas) it will prefer to live in hair and the back of the neck, it will not like vinegar which is why the apple cider is recommended especially for the hair and the back of the neck(some people use a diluted version on their pets). Now this cannot hurt you but you will need to use a moisturiser which you can get from the docs..the other stuff for scabies can hurt you. Check out itching and the liver and also the little red spots you get with this. It will not go over night..and I do not to this day understand it either, but you have to stay in scientific mode..is it health, certain foods reaction, a parasite or both??Check all the inner box leaflets of any meds you are on..see side effects. Look for birds nests outside.Glad I could be of help. My liver function is impaired..I did not know this at the time so was going crazy. Best of luckX
  • Posted

I've dealt with this since April and (and I think) I'm almost over it.  Here's what I did. First of all, I decided that if permethrin is what it takes to kill them, I was going to go all in (this is after soaking in salt, bleach, borax and scrubbing with sulfur soap for 4 or 5 months).  I bought the 32 percent permethrin on Amazon and mixed it 50/50 with lotion.  I then covered my body with it for 24 hours.  No, it didn't feel any different from the 5% permethrin cream.  It was stronger, but I didn't feel any side effects.  I covered my cot in plastic and when I get out of bed, I always wash my bedding in borax and detergent and spray down the cot with bleach.  My bedroom floor is covered in plastic sheeting to avoid reinfestation from the carpet.  I always wear slippers throughout the house.  Instead of taking baths, take showers (and still wash with sulfer soap).  Always make sure to bleach out the tub (or shower) after you are finished.  Iron your clothes inside and out.  Whenever I felt a crawlie, I would reapply the permethrin.  I also iron my freshly washed pillowcase.  I covered my couch and chair in plastic and spray them down with lysol at the end of the evening.  For my chair, I change the plastic daily.  I hope this helps.  It takes effort, but things are much, much better.  
    • Posted

Thanks so much, I think this is the best advice yet, only one big problem, I am mostly handicapped & I live with my mother, whom is elderly and cannot do a whole lot & my 2 kids & my sister & her 2 toddlers! My sister is my primary care taker & just recently she's started with the symptoms! So we have a house of 7, do you recommend everyone treating the way you did? And what type of plastic covering?
    • Posted

It's up to you, especially considering the age of the children.  I do know that they say these things don't go away on their own.  If you've gone to the doctor (and who hasn't) and have been turned away (like I have...after 5 or 6 regular doctors and 2 dermotologists), you kind of have to take matters into your own hands.  On the floor I use plastic sheeting that I got from Walmart that covers a wide area....it's 4 mil thick (I think).  You find it in the paint section.  I find that it's especially useful as covering for the carpet for when you spray the bleach on your bed (landlord wouldn't want you to discolor their carpet).  That's also where I bought the cot.  As I said previously, make sure you iron your clothes...down to your underwear and socks.  Good luck and may God bless.  
    • Posted

Yes I have been to both my primary doc & got rid if them with oral Ivermectin and premethrin & was reinfected shortly thereafter! So I went to see a Dermatologist & he barely looked at me and told me it was anxiety! I argued but there was no use, so yes I am now taking matters in my own hands.

Thank You & God Bless

• Posted

Yeah, I got the same crap.  Simply pathetic.  But I came to the conclusion that they claim it's anxiety because we have reached the extent of their knowledge.  When they don't know the answer, they blame the patient.  Idiots.  I also bleach my bathroom floor after every shower and the toilet seat.  Basically anything you come in contact with, squirt.  Good luck.  
    • Posted

Oh, yeah!  I told my last doctor my current remedies, cleaning and bathing rituals.  He point blank told me I was delusional. 
  • Posted

Hi, Dena,

I recently began treatment with Diatomaceous Earth-Food Grade.  I am having good results.  The good news is you can take it orally, my favorite method; plus, add to bath and sprinkle it around the house.  It's fairly cheap. Called around and located D.E. at a local health food store.  Next, purchased pure sulfur powder at a compound pharmacy. Again, fairly cheap. Added sulfur to bath water, shampo, etc.  Very good results.  However, did cause some G.I. problems for me.  Please note, MSM is not the same as the pure sulfur powder.

Finally, I don't sell any of these products.  Just doing my best to help fellow suffers.

God bless.

• Posted

P.S.  Did not mean to sound glib when stating "everything happens for a reason."

Frankly, I am at the end of my rope with this issue.  I pray everyday to elimate this issue.  Hope your on the mend.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.