Please help...

Posted , 4 users are following.

I took one statin 4 weeks ago, and 2 hours after i took it, i got cramp muscle spasms and twitches, my heart beat is now irregular, i was hospitalised for 3 days, and they could not find any thing physically wrong with my heart, but acknowledge it now has abnormalities in rhythm... Im constantly dizzy, and I get muscle spasms in my chest which mkes my heart skip beats, and in my legs etc, my muscles feel weak, and it feels as if my brain is in a fog. I took the statin 4 weeks ago, but this has not got better and the spasms are not stopping they are also near my temple, the scariest is the dizziness, ive also been nauseous and sick earlier, im also having trouble sleeping.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

What did they say when you blamed the Statin?
    • Posted

they obviously dont think its the statin.....when it is, they dont even know whats wrong with me...
    • Posted

What caused you to initially go to your doctor or hospital  that made them  prescribe statins?
    • Posted

I ws not precribed them my grandad takes them and i was getting some chest pain, and a friend had said he had chest pain and collapsed on the floor and when he went they said his cholesterol was high, so i said to my grandad that i was worried about my cholestorol and he said you could have one of my statins (he didnt know what they were like) but he knew he got cramps from them in the leg rolleyes so i took it, i figured hes 78 and takes one, i thought if there was any cholestorol blockage it would at elast knock it down abit, i only took the one, but this is a serious adverse reaction, How the heck do i get any sort of help for this and what if it kills me? i literally feel my heart stop for a couple of seconds at times, when my chest is spasming, im so frightened and no one can help me.
  • Posted

the only thing it could be is that i was taking oxrandolone a few days before and apparently that prolongs the half life of warfarin is it possible its prolonged the half life of the statin to affect me so badly?
    • Posted

Were you prescribed the oxrandolone for health reasons?

Abuse of this medication (such as to improve athletic performance or physical appearance) is very dangerous and may cause serious, sometimes fatal problems.

• Posted

No I was not prescribed it I was using it for the gymn, but I used it last year for a month I never had a problem on oxandrolone. Doctors really werent interested when i told them about the steroid. oxandrolone is fairly mild as far as steroids are concerned, i know guys on testosterone, winstrol, trenbolone.

Id also took it 4 days before it has a half life of 10 hours? surely it could not interact with the statin?

• Posted

yeh, i havent taken another statin, i think it might have messed my mitochondrials up? i dont know, im going to request to see a neurologist at my doctors on thursday. i may even go private if the wait is too long.
    • Posted

The wait will be long as they are rather thin on the ground. I had a six month wait from January to July. Then some of the tests they want take take a long time to get.
  • Posted

I took them one week and felt the same way. I found out I was alergic to Statens.
    • Posted

Well, I felt ssssoooooooooo bad I had a decision to make; go to Hospital or to church......it was on a Sunday. I went to church. That day my body seemed as if it was turning inside out. I cramped all over and I became disoriented. I forget the mg. I will never forget the pain. It took about 8 hrs. to get it out of my body. I have not taken any since.

I surmize that one reason my body might have reject the med is because I did not need it, period. The doctor agreed.

Hope this helps.

To the powers that be (the moderaters of the forum); your computer works much better now. Sleep only in bed, ok, ha

• Posted

Statin is a group of drugs which act to reduce levels of cholesterol in the blood. I suggestion Please take all test of your blood and body! Also don't use any medicin without doctor permissions. And keep strength. Hope you will be better when your doctor find your weak point.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.