Please HELP!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

For the past 3 nights I've been waking up in the middle of the night with extreme cramping, knawing feeling in stomach, a lot of stomach noises, and acid reflux. Going on night 3 and I just don't know what to do. I recently started working and I'm afraid it'll begin to affect that if I'm not getting enough rest at night. I had an endoscopy 3 weeks ago which came back clear. Blood work is fine. H. Pylori test was negative 3 weeks ago as well. What could this be?!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Have you had an ultrasound?
    • Posted

I did have one back in December. Everything looked normal because dr suspected gallstones but that was ruled out
  • Posted

What prompted the doctors to do an endoscopy? It sounds like it might be gastritis, but it would have shown on the endoscope. I would go back to your doctor, if they are unwilling to investigate further I would ask to get referred to a gastroenterologist. But in the mean time, I would drink only water, no coffee, tea, or soda. stop eating fried foods, gressy foods or anything that has lots of sugar. Also eat frequent small meals. Do not eat before you go to bed, or if you do eat late try to sit up for at least one hour. I would do a food journal to see if it is a specific food, for example dairy products that recreate the cramping. Also how are your bowles? I hope this helps and you get answers.
    • Posted

I actually started with these same symptoms last year in September. Prior to that I had a bad cold and was prescribed antibiotics and an inhaler. All my problems began shortly after and I haven't been the same since. I'll have good days where I feel great and then days where I can't even function. Every month I'm worried when I'll be feeling sick again. I've noticed too it's always during my menstrual time. As of now all tests have come back negative so I just can't make sense of any of this.

• Posted

If all your tests are negative, it may be IBS which can feel worse during the menstrual cycle.
    • Posted

They haven't mentioned this. I seen my dr today and he suspects functional dyspepsia

• Posted

If they can't find anything wrong with your organs, then they will diagnose your pain as functional.

• Posted

A functional problem with one of your organs means that it is a disorder of how that particular organ works.  If it is an organic problem, that means it is a  problem with the structure of that organ.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.