Please help - advice needed on constant nausea

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all

I've posted on here before but I really need some advice please.

I'll list my medical history and current situation and symptoms:

Had an endocopy in 2003 which diagnose a slight hiatus hernia and GERD (GORD). Been on Omeprazole ever since which works well.

6 weeks ago I stared feeling nauseas. I don't always wake up with it in the morning but it's there within an hour or so regardless if I eat or not.

On occasions I have lots of gas - both ends and this seems to relieve the nausea if I can pass it from either end but this is temporary. My stomach growls and grumbles a lot - especialy after eating.

I can feel worse after a bowel movement but my BM's are regular and normal - no D or C.

I've been to the dr's who have suggested that it's probably due to my hiatus hernia and reflux but i'm not getting any reflux!

Full blood work has been done and this checked for infections, kidney and liver function, choleserol, diabetes to name a few but all came back normal.

The dr also changed me from 20mg of Omeprazole to 30mg of lansoprazole which has helped a little but not really noticable.

I've tried ginger, mint, cider vinegar etc but nothing has made any difference - not even anti sickness meds seem to touch it. I never feel like i'm going to actually be sick but its constant.

I've read on here that some suffer from chronic nausea for years and you have my heartfelt sympathy!

Any advice would be so very appreciated.

Thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Phenergan, (Phenadoz, and Promethegan) is a great nausea RX medication, also Benadryl OTC can help when taken before bed so not to have nausea in the morning.  Stronger would be anti motion sickness tablets, the non drowsy variant works good in the am.  I wish you the best.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up