please help anxiety and panic

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all .. my husband has been in the police Academy for the last 4 weeks and I've been switching antidepressants and seeing what works.. I was on prozac for 3 weeks n could barely function from anxiety and panic.. I was hospitalized for 5 days they eventually put me back on my original meds that use to work for me lexapro n latuda.. my husband comes home on the weekend I was fine all weekend until now I have extreme anxiety and panic over him leaving and being alone and taking care of my 6 year old.. as well as starting intentisive outpatient therapy tomorrow.. from 10am to 330pm.. I've only been back on the lexapro and latuda since last monday.. I wish it would kick in a bit more.. please any help or support would be great .. I'm in complete fear of being alone

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Why are you in fear of being alone? Has anything happened to contribute to this or is it another way of anxiety to come through? 

Do you walk, do yoga or anything. 

Personally I like my favourite music whilst house working. Clean house better mind, although when it's too clean everyone knows I'm ill! 

There are so many negative things happening in the world at the moment and any change will make anxiety worse. 

Maybe tonight you will sleep well and wake feeling better, maybe your mess will kick in or maybe the sun will shine. 

Youve got this far. Another day another challenge.

Do your breathing tecniques. Drink herbal teas. Be proud of yourself and it will all be much better than you think. 

One day at a time x

• Posted

I'm afraid something could happen to me or I'll have panic attacks alone and that's scary .. sometimes I just need someone there to say it's gonna be ok n I don't need to go to the hospital bc I'm not dieing.. I was never like this before I screwed around with my meds.. main reason was bc I wanted to get pregnant again.. but I don't see that in the near future anymore. I walk and exercise but I get into crazy negative thoughts running thru my head n they don't stop until it turns into a panic attack..
    • Posted

Who know what the future holds. Next time you want to try again for a baby do it with good guidance. Our hormones have so much to answer for!

Music is a good distraction sometimes. You will find what works for you, keep a bag with you and control the next attack, fit back n hopefully they'll start to go away x 

• Posted

Good advise Lisa x

I think I need to work on the tidy house, clear mind thing 😂😂

• Posted

Hi Hon,

I get scared about being alone too when my anxiety it at its worst.

My hubby leaves tomorrow to go to work, thankfully only for a week this time and I am dreading it...but I know I'll get through...and will be so happy and proud of myself when I do 😊

I know it's so hard, but try and stay positive x x x

• Posted

Thank u for your support.. I took .75mg of xanax but it's barely calming me down .. ughhh I hope I can sleep tonight .. I hate taken xanax I take it only when all else fails..
    • Posted

I don't have anything to take, I get really anxious about taking drugs and the side affects...even headache Pills 😱😂😂

I am on citalopram though, only onto my 3 rd week, so still waiting on them making me feel better. This is the second time in my life. Do you have anyone close by who can come stay for a while?? X x

• Posted

Unfortunately they all work... I wish someone would stay with me until my husband is done in feb. I moved an hour south of where most of my family is.. and my in-laws have been great but they work and arent around until like 7pm at night
    • Posted

I totally feel for you...my family live thousands of miles away in the UK, I'm in Australia...nothing more I want just now than to be surrounded with family.

But we have to just keep fighting...we will get through x x

Have you ever read a book called living with your IT?? I highly recommend it, a very good read and insight too x

• Posted

Awwww.. that stinks.. I don't know how u do it.. ur a very strong person.. I never read it but I'll definitely look into it.. thank u xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.