Please help.. In pain can anyone relate

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey everyone I have Ulcetative colitis and I'm used to dealing with pain but this is the worst.. It started yesterday I woke up with a very bloated stomach which sometimes happens but the pain in getting is unbelievable.. It's like someone stabbing my stomach and then every now and again twisting my insides.. I was up all last night with it. I've got a really bad headache too I don't know if it's just cuz I'm worrying. High temp and my lower back is killing me honestly when when I breathe it's sore

I was at the toilet 3 times in the morning yesterday and nothing since.. Last night I thought I was going to have to go to hospital which I've never done before the pain is so bad

I do feel a bit constipated please help xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Call NHS patient line 111, if you have a temp and loads of pain you'll need to talk to a doctor and get checked out that there is nothing sinister going on. Just call them!
    • Posted

thankyou i have an out of hours appointment at 4.30.. my temp has went down since friday and the pain is nowhere near as bad x
  • Posted

Hope the pains gone but if not then it sounds like it could be kidney stones from what I suffered a few years back, the pain is excruciating and feels like your being stabbed and the knife being twisted every so often. Normally a urine test will identify if that is the case. What ever it is hope you get better.
    • Posted

hey kheez... i think its trapped wind.... i was in the bath last night and pressing on my stomach and all i could hear was like a rumbling noise..im stll getting pain but its not as bad as what it was xx
  • Posted

I would get down to accident and emergency just to be sure. I had a swollen stomach that was so painful I couldn't even lie down, felt drained and unusually for Colitis felt constipated.

Basically I had some pretty bad inflamation in my colon and had become dehydrated because when this happens you stop asorbing water.

Don't panic though it was an easy fix just some steroids by IV along with some pain killers and fluids and I was on the mend within the week.

It might not be that but when you have colitis and are having serious symptoms that's waht A&E was designed for not the normal waiting room filled with people with a slight cold and bruise that seems to have become the norm.

• Posted

hi tony...im totally constipated and bloated... i spoke to a pharmacist and explained my situation.. she got me an appointment at out of hours doctors to get looked at so ive to go down at 4.30pm..

i never ever thought id want to go to the toilet so much in my life...i know somethings going on xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.