Please help me?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Why do I always kick and punch while asleep? Sometimes even when I'm half awake and I can't control my legs and arms jerking and twitching. Is this part of something or serious? Should I see a doctor?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It is possible you have a movement disorder. It isn't a sign of anything serious however if it is bothering you then have a word with your GP. Also, some vitamin deficiencies can cause odd movement symptoms so maybe start taking a multi-vitamin?

Also, it could be a form of restless leg syndrome. It usually happens with the legs but can happen with any body part. Do you feel really anxious and stressed if you try not to move? Like you have no other choice at all? If that is the case then there are meds that can help so see your GP.

Please try not to panic. This sounds annoying and unpleasant but not 'serious'. However the doctors may be able to help so perhaps book an appointment and see what they say. x

• Posted

Thanks! I'm taking multivitamins for something else but they aren't working for either. I'm seeing my doctor for something else so I'll ask.
  • Posted

This sounds like the first indication of restless leg syndrome. To answer your final question YES, you should see a doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.