Please Help me.....

Posted , 4 users are following.

HELP... I need help understanding what is going on... My clothes are fitting bigger but I have gained 10 pds this week,,, This is my first week and I have been on a very low fat low cal diet... What am I doing wrong... I have even rode my stationary bike three days... for thirty mins each day. I have been some what constipated... So any advise out there for me please help me....

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Donna, I have been on orlistat for 3 months, following the SW plan in conjunction with it. I have also joined the gym at the same time, I have lost 27 cms but only 3lb in weight. My body shape is changing, my tummy is shrinking and i am losing the 'heaviness' off my shoulders, that is all that matters to me, we put far to much presure on ourselves, focussing on the 'sad step'. if you can truely see some changes in your body and your health, less breathlessness, lethargy then something is changing.

My advice would be to measure yourself, keep up with the hard work and don't focus entirely on the numbers on the sad step!

Good luck x

• Posted

Hi Donna, I have been on orlistat for 3 months, following the SW plan in conjunction with it. I have also joined the gym at the same time, I have lost 27 cms but only 3lb in weight. My body shape is changing, my tummy is shrinking and i am losing the 'heaviness' off my shoulders, that is all that matters to me, we put far to much presure on ourselves, focussing on the 'sad step'. if you can truely see some changes in your body and your health, less breathlessness, lethargy then something is changing.

My advice would be to measure yourself, keep up with the hard work and don't focus entirely on the numbers on the sad step!

Good luck x

• Posted

Andrea22927   Thank you for your input,,,, what plan is the SW? could you please inlighten me....
    • Posted

Hi Donna,

SW, is slimming world, if you read through the many posts you will see that a fair amount of Orlistat users combine it with a healthy eating plan such as Slimming world or Weight Watchers. It helps with guidance but is not a necessity.

• Posted

Do you have a mild laxative you could use, seems that if your fat intake is too low

there is *blockage* that can occur, whereas if you ingest fat the orlistat works on that

and the stool will just (excuse the mental image lol) slide right out !

So a mild laxative may help you, or take half a laxative dose to see if that will

get things working.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.