please Help me interpret my liver blood test

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey i am a male 125 pounds and 21 years old.

been generally healthy all my life untill last year where i fell sick to streph and every since been having sinus issues (always congested nose) and frequent urianation and constant need for water. I used to smoke for 5 years till that point. so i have been smoke free for a year and a bit. I rarely ever drink alcohol and only drink water and tea and just recently stopped coffee so havent had a cup in a month, it makes me feel weird all the sudden.

My complete blood work came fine all in range, my thyroid panel came in range as well. sugar looks good as well.

Here are my blood results

Protein total: 8g/dl

albumin : 5.4 g/dl

globulin : 2.6 g/dl

albumin/globulin ration : 2.1

Bilirubin total : 1.3

Bilirubin direct .5

Bilirubin indirect : .8

ast (SGOT) : 90u/l

ALT (SGPT) 27u/l

Alkaline phosphatase : 81u/L

I dont feel any of the traditional symptoms, infact i am here just to make sure my blood level seem good or does it seem like something is wrong and continue advice further in medical clinic

altought might not be ralated my main issues are dry mouth. sinus congestion and constant urianation with drinking always needed. I only drink water and herbal teas. I dont really feel like i have an issue with sugars, whether i eat too much or none at all it doesnt make me feel much different

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Every lab has different "normal" ranges and you don't say what the "normal" is for your lab, but they look fine to me based on my labs "normal" so it would seem your symptom of dry mouth and thirst is not connected to your liver.
    • Posted

they look like this :

Protein total: 8.0  6.6-8.2

albumin : 5.4 g/dl   4.0-5.1

globulin : 2.6 g/dl 1.8-3.3

albumin/globulin ration : 2.1  0.8-2.0

Bilirubin total : 1.3   0-1.0

Bilirubin direct .5   0-0.4

Bilirubin indirect : .8   0-1.3

ast (SGOT) : 90u/l  6-46

ALT (SGPT) 27u/l   0-48

Alkaline phosphatase : 81u/L  20-129

• Posted

They are either within normal range or so close to normal range that they are not diagnostic of anything.
  • Posted

Are you sure about that? I read somewhere that if ur ast number is higher , not matter by howmuch it indicates some kind of damage
  • Posted

bumb please help
  • Posted

For on test in isolation like your AST being slightly above normal most GPs would not worry but might do a repeat test in a month.  Your ALT is fine, which suggests any inflammation is minimal or maybe none at all.

The AST needs to be possibly twenty to fifty times higher than normal before its diagnostic of definite liver damage.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.