Please help me out guys! very worried!

Posted , 4 users are following.

guys from the pics can you help me to see if im having cellulitis on my left leg?? I have been bited by mosquitos and it's cured but just with a red spot left on the area and then I went to travel. after coming back from travelling, the area starts to become very red and on the tip of it the colour gets purple-ish/black-ish for days and it hurts! I have done a cure of antibiotics for 1 week and nothing gets better (I took Amoxicilina/Clavulanic Acid cps 1g and applied a cream betamethasone/gentmicin everyday). There is a little hole in the spot but no pus came inside out of the infected area and it hurts a lot when I get up from bed or a chair, when walking it hurts a bit too but not as much. I am worried if i might have a big issue that I need an operation or something, im a foreign student studying in europe and here I cant get an easy doctor visit .... it's frustrating... is it cellulitis or something even more dangerous that i might risk having my leg lost! sad(((((((((((((((((((

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

sorry i was very worried that i even forgot to salute you guys or say thankyou! biggrin

• Posted

Hi

I have had cellulitis several times and one did start of as a bite like yours.Infections that are not treated with the correct antibioticcan develop into something more serious.If you can not get to see a doctor please go to your local hospital.I do not mean to frighten you but its best to let a professional see it.All the best.

• Posted

Hi

Did you go to the doctors?

• Posted

I hope you saw a doctor...cellulitis is nothing to fool with. If you suspect or are even slightly concerned you have it gi to a doctor immediately please. Wishing you healing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.