Please help me with this behind my neck and hairline eczema

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I have been troubled in the last 6 months with this (don't know what it is) but some form of eczema behind my neck and spreading in my hair. Pls see attached photo to get an idea. I have been to the docs and have tried the creams which is of no help. It started small but now has spread alot and getting into my hair and as you can see causing hair fall. It itches a lot and I have tried a number of creams but not very helpful. Will appreciate your help. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Please be careful with steroid creams, if it's spreading it can be TSW/RSS

id suspect the original issue is from a shampoo or product given the location, although it could be anything

try not using them for a while

Separately,

Keep a journal of everything, where you go, what rooms you're in, what you do, who you're around (you're exposed to their products and exposures too) what products you use, what you eat, everything.

Good luck

God bless

• Posted

Change your shampoo and conditioner. Neuteogena t-gel is good for eczema. Fabric detergent and softener hypoallergenic no dye, or fregrance. Maybe the pillow or the casing. Stop or modify your hair products like hair spray, mouse, etc. the back of the neck is also where we sweat. Bacteria may irritate. If you're prescribed steroid cream, remember one week on, one week off, or only every third day. Don't let the skin get into withdrawl. Were scheduled for biopsy after two years of all body eczema that looks like second degree burn al over. Insist on biopsy and once and for all see if there is a culprit. Good luck!

• Posted

Take lots of vitamin C.  See  https://draxe.com/.  I have the same problem, STAY AWAY FROM any sugar including limit fruits.  Need multivitamin, and probiotic food like kimchi, kerfer, pickles, sour crout, etc.  OH, and I use ONLY activated charcoal soap with as little additives in it as possible on my hair, only on the scalp the rest of the hair will be ok, after you rinse off soap use spray bottle with mixture of apple cider vineger  with spring or distilled water to your tolerance of the ACV ( I like it REAL strong) spray your scalp and if it stings it is ok. Don't rinse off if you do rinse very little. Then put coconut oil or avocado oil on your scalp. AAAAAAAAA the relief you feel! Let me know how it works for you,

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

• Posted

I think the best option in your case is Protopic ointment or advantan cream. But it is a hard to find it in US, buy it if you see it. I know where it is sold but I don't sure about rules of the links on this forum, sorry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.