Please help panic all day

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey I'm completely suffering with anxiety n panic all day every day. They upped my effexor to 187mgs.. yesterday I'm all over the place.. it won't quit.. I've been taking gabapentin. 300 MG 3x a day plus xanax .5mg as needed.. I can't relax can't function.. can't do anything.. is the upped doseage doing this to me?. What is happening? Please help when will this end

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hey, i'm on Effexor XR 150mg daily and Propranolol 80mg up to twice daily for depression, anxiety and panic disorders.

i've been on these meds now for 3 years and they help me a lot.

I know it can be horrible when going on antidepressants but they do work, they say it takes 4 to 8 weeks for you to feel the full benifits but this also applies to when your dosage is increased.

You're feeling the side effects again i'm affraid and this means 4 to 6 weeks before they settle down again.

Best advice is try not to let it get you down as much as possible and just keep telling yourself it will get better.

I take Propranolol because it's a Beta Blocker, read up on them, they are what stops my body releasing adrenaline which is the source of a panic attack, and i mean it stopped my panic attacks that i've been having for over 10 years every night dead in their tracks, don't get me wrong i've had 3 or 4 panic attacks in these 3 years but it's a flaming damn site better than every night.

These are the only 2 meds i'm on and they brought me back from the brink. I still have anxiety but it's manageable and more to the point i can get a good nights sleep almost every night whereas before i was getting 3 hours tops which didn't exactly help with the depression tbh.

anyway, you will get through this, just think back to when you first started them and how good it was when they settled in the first time, you just have to have that same amount of determination this time.

I wish you all the luck in the world and i hope you believe me when i say it's worth it.

D x

• Posted

Thank u some much I tried propanol but it didn't agree with me. I'm taking neurotin 300 MG 3x a day plus .5mg xanax a day for brake thru anxiety.. I go tomorrow to psych doctor.. I can't wait to feel relief from this.. I'm allergic to all antihistamines so it's tough not to have a benzo in there even though I don't want use it.. I use only when nothing else works
    • Posted

I take alpraezolam and while its not long lasting at least it calms a person down.
    • Posted

They decreased the doseage from 20mgs to 150mgs anxiety is all day.. I'm taking xanax to help.. but I guess I'm gonna have to wait again 4-8 weeks again to feel stable? These doctors are upping doses downing doses adding things on taking me off. My brain doesn't know if it's coming or going hopefully things will get better.. I pray every night my life will be normal again.. I hope this med works for me because I can't even think about coming off it considering the bad rap it gets.. I heard it was horrible withdrawls..
    • Posted

Hi Renee, just wanted to check in and see if things have gotten any better since we last spoke?

Hope they have sweetie. Stay strong x

• Posted

Alittle better.. using the xanax as needed for anxiety until this is over with.. I'm getting a little depressed I want it gone now.. I hate living like this.. today I had some werid episode my brain felt like it would cramp n then got werid sensations in my body.. in waves.. lasted like 1 minute then go away then come back.. this went on for like 3 hours .. I went to the er.. I didn't know what was happening scared to death.. I don't know if it was panic or seizure or migraines.. that's what the doctor said I have to have a followup with my neurologist June 11th.. idk.. I'm so sick of living like this in fear of what the next day is going to bring.. I know the doctor said 7 to 10 days. I was hoping idea feel 100% by day 7.. ughhh I need some incouragement
    • Posted

Hi Danny

i was wondering about when they increase doses of anti-depressants?

my doctor told me it works right away??  I 'm confused😳  Can you tell me more about your experience with this?

• Posted

I'm on day 10 n I'm still having to take the xanax I'm panicking still.. nauseous still but not as bad.. just head feels werid.. how long is this going to take until the anxiety goes away? Please help I need some support

Thank u for all ur help

• Posted

Hi renee. Some have to take the meds daily. I unfortunately have for years. Many do. Hope you feel better soon.Xx
    • Posted

Does this werid head feeling go away after a while.. it's driving me nuts. N make me panic more than normal because it's so uncomfortable.. I just feel spaced out. Not in reality.. it's werid.. the only thing that helps is a xanax
    • Posted

Its so hard when you have to wait so long for an apt. The wondering just increases the anxiety. I never had any symptoms with my head feeling wierd with the anxiety. I just took a half of pill ive been alone all day. Will be the whole weekend as husband has family plans,im stuck here with a health issue plus anxiety. So I know how you feelXx
    • Posted

How long have you been on effexor? Is it normal to feel so much anxiety it's day 10 on the adjusted doseage.. how long will it take to feel normal again? I have panic disorder that's why I take it. I hate that u feel worse before it gets better. This is my 3rd antidepressant since november.. I'm sick of feeling like this
    • Posted

Im just on an anxiety med. Alpraezolam which is generic for xanax. My son takes prozac. I know in the beginning he felt spacey and he used to say his head felt fuzzy. Took a while for him to adjust. He takes alprazolam and the antidepressant. I believe it was about a month. Not sure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.