Please help! Severe health anxiety and physical symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am so scared I can't cope. I keep getting new symptoms and I am scared something serious is wrong and I'm dyingsad since this started 5 months ago, I have had muscle twitches everywhere, burning sensation in arms and legs, panic attacks which i felt lightheaded, feeling like I have to keep taking deep breaths, feeling like I'm going to faint, sweaty palms, chills. Recently I started getting a warm sensation on the outside of left leg that only lasts a couple of seconds and feels like a heating pad was pushed again that spot for a second but it's not hot to touch. I have also noticed I have been getting random bruises on my legs for no reason I did hit them or anything. They go away and then new ones come. They arent really big but I had them on my thighs and calf. I have had blood work and it was all normal but I google all my symptoms and I am convinced something serious is wrong and all I can do is cry I'm so scared. Yesterday I also happened to touch part of my leg and it felt numb to the touch like freezing coming out. It's only a spot on the upper front of leg. I am so convinced I have a neurological disease or cancer please help. Has anyone else had any if these symproms?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Ok Tracy, you may just be having a really bad episode or something could be much worse. IF you are really nervious you could go to the ER, or if you are okay with waiting for a bit, a doctor. You should do one of these things though Tracy as what is happening to you sounds very serious.
  • Posted

Yes! I experience much anxiety and I am always convincing myself I have a life-threatening disease. Anything will trigger it like talking in class about heart disease or hearing about someone having an illness and I automatically assume I have that as well and I get chest pain and leg numbness all of the time, sometimes I feel really short of breath and I will feel I have a lung clot or something, it's awful and makes me feel so alone and unsafe in this world I just want to get back to feeling comfortable
    • Posted

Hi kalina,

Thanks for the reply. I have severe health anxiety I am constantly googling, checking my body for things and the littlest ache, twitch or sensation I am sent into a panic. I have ben very aware of every sensation in my body that most would probably ignore. I have gone to my dr and the hispital I have had blood work done probably 3 or 4 times I the last 4 months and it was all normal. My dr said the bruising can be caused from malnutrition bc I haven't been eating much due to anxiety and have lost over 10lbs in about 5 months. I am also on zoloft and have read zoloft can cause bruising and I was also taking extra strength omega 3 which apparently can thin blood and shouldn't be taken with AD's so I have stopped that. When you get numbness is it like a patch somewhere on your leg that is numb to the touch?

• Posted

Stay off the internet, if you go on, stay away from researching anxiety symptoms, etc.  When we are in anxiety states,  we are fearing the worst, thus looking for the worst. Check with your doc about symptoms of anxiety.  May need dose upped.  Get counseling. Medications are not a cure all.  When meds are taken with counseling, higher success rate of coping with anxiety.
  • Posted

A lot of it could be your anxieties about your health. I have a lot of anxieties about my health at times. It may be bad but it may not be that serious as you think it is. I would talk to your doctor and see what he thinks 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.