Please Help, so scared - Bartholin Cyst

Posted , 61 users are following.

Hi 

Please could someone help me! I have scared myself stupid constantly internet searching and I'm more stressed about this :-( 

I'm 29 and I felt a grape sized lump just under a week ago and went to the Dr. She said it is a Bartholin cyst and I should just try and forget about it!! Trouble is a can't... The uncertainty of what it could turn into is making me a nervous wreck. 

I think it is getting larger too... No pain just irritating knowing a lump is there. 

I have been trying baths, compresses, silica, serrapeptase and avoiding dairy for the past few days. Haven't seen any change yet. Just wondered how long should I persevere? 

I'm also confused about the bursting thing I have read about... Where does it burst from? Hopefully should it drain from the blocked duct? 

I'm so worried and confused it is affecting my job and my home life. 

Any advice, I would be so grateful for. 

Thank you 

1 like, 73 replies

73 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Claire

Your situation sounds the same as mine, painless grape size lump, when I found mine I saw my gp who diagnosed bartholin cyst but she referred me to see a surgeon, I saw him and was supposed to be having a marsupilisation last fri but once they had me preped for surgery they decided it was too small to operate on and that it was best left alone!

I know it's hard but try not to worry, I'm ignoring mine too, it doesn't effect me at all so it's quite easy to do, I think mine has been there for about 4 years since I had an episiotomy while giving birth to my son but I assumed it was scar tissue as it wasn't so much a lump then, aparently mine could be due to scar tissue blocking the gland! 

There are lots of home remedies on here is you read back through the posts that people swear by for easing/ unblocking them.

I hope you have some luck reducing yours and try not to worry! 

Debbie

• Posted

Thank you for speedy reply. I am trying so hard not to worry but struggling. 

It is good to know yours does not cause you problems. 

Claire 

• Posted

I have had a couple of these in the past that were grape sized.  They went away on their own in a couple of days. They didn't hurt at all.

Sunday (february 21st) I woke up with one the size of about six grapes.....It is tender and it hurts to sit.  I've read it can be caused by an ingrown hair. I recently shaved that area.  I hope that is all it is.

The soonest the doctor can see me is Monday afternoon.  I'm about to go insane.  

I applied some witch hazel to the area.  I"m about to order some Serrapeptase vitamins.  I can't find it or the Camomile stuff locally, but someone said camomile tea can  be used instead. 

Have any of you tried these methods? 

Feel free to offer more suggestions.  I can't take this. 

• Posted

I am dealing with something similar too! Im scared out of my mind. Im only 13 and a virgin. I would be scared straight to tell my mother cuz i dont want her thinking i did anything sad It is quite large idk what it is. No pain but it does have alot of white cream come out of it. I noticed it was small and it got bigger. Soooo scared from research I did and im sooo confused. Hellpppppp please sad
    • Posted

Also it like covers the whole vaginal opening. But I still get my periods regular HELPPPPP  sad
    • Posted

I just found my cyst about 3-4 days ago now, I went to urgent care and showed them my cyst and was prescribed two different anti biotics, probably because I told them it was tender to the touch. Today it hurts a little more, it's uncomfortable to walk because of the rubbing and sitting in certain positions because of the pressure, I've done hot compressants and a hot rice sock, but it still has some tenderness to it, I don't really have time to sit in a hot bath because I live with my family and only one bathroom. I don't know what to do and I'm worried about how bad it is infected. I just started to anti biotics today just hope they work so everything can be okay.

• Posted

Sweetie I was about your age when I got my first Bartholin cyst I became so large it was the size of a baseball I had it for 2 years before I said anything! We went to OB and she said "yep you have a Bartholin cyst we have to do surgery" seriously it wasn't bad I was a little loopy and my brothers made fun of me like crazy bcs I was Soo goofy from meds. No pain from surgery I have since had 4 more none as big as the first I had second one drained (I don't recommend draining bcs it leaves a hole in the side of vulva and I hate that. ask for surgery) Epsom salt baths are nice and help shrink over time I have had this last one about the size of a grape for 3 years now. Don't worry it's very treatable!!! I'm now 29 years old so I've had plenty of years experience with these pesky cysts.

• Posted

I had abscess for 5 days and today it burst and drained. I took antibiotics and I have 6 pills left. Tho it drained, from grape size to pea size. I have no idea what to do with the abscess after it burst. But I apply cream that was given by my doctor. Hoping all is well. 
    • Posted

The sitz baths are only 15-20 minutes. I have a large family as well and still manage. They're suppose to help with soreness, infection, and swelling. 

• Posted

Hi jazz 

I'm your age and have had this cyst for about a month last night I decided to see what it was and since it wasn't a ingrown hair it had to be a BC I did some research and I'm still really scared to tell my mum since she'll take me to the doctor and all I don't mind the doctor it's just since I've never done it before and still a virgin I'm scared that the doctor will say it's normally caused by sexual activity and my mum will listen to the doctor and probably kill me please help 

I just wanted to know your experience or if you have had it looked at yet. 😫

• Posted

Hello Miss!

It's 4th day of my Bartholin Abscess and it's soooo much pain. I can't move my legs, sit down, I can't stand for too long because it's really really painful.

May I know  what antibiotics did you took?

I need anyone's help please!

• Posted

Hi hun, if you haven’t told your Mom yet please do. These are absolutely not caused from sex. It’s just something that happens to some women. 2% to be exact. I’m one of the lucky ones. I’m 40 now but have been battening since I was 17. Every woman has 2 bartholin glands, one on each side of the vagina. These glands are used to supply lubrication and moisture to our vagina. One can get clogged almost like an internal pimple and it make the fluid build up rather than release. You really should have it looked at. If you wait they can get very large and infected. Best of luck to you!!
    • Posted

I’m having something a little different. I’m 13 and a virgin. I’m also scared to tell my mom. But I have a pea sized bump and it hurts really bad. 😭 I’m just wanting to know home remedies to get rid of this painful lump. 

• Posted

Hi um. So will the hot bath remedy work. I’m 13 and I just want the pain to go away. 😭

• Posted

Hi Claire, 

It's going on week 6 since mine came about and like you, mine is the size of a large grape and not painful except that I feel a kind of pressure sometimes. I continue to do the sitz bath several times a day. I also take Serrapeptase (I'm about to start my 3rd bottle), I take silica also. I continue to hope and pray and just hold on to my faith. Last weekend was very depressing for me because it seems like the Bartholin cysts gets bigger and harder with the menstrual cycle. I just have to believe that in my case it's just taking much longer to dissolve/reduce or simply just  go away. It seems like some people get fast results from the remedies/ treatment they use so I have been practicing patience. Please don't put your mind on the worst. It is a Bartholin Cyst and you just have to keep trying all you can. I am saying this to you only because I am in the very same situation as you. About the Cyst bursting; I believe the Cyst would have had to be infected/abscess for it to burst as mine is this big mass/lump. There's no head, etc.

Just hang in there.  That's really what I'm doing while I wait for this to go away. Sending you (((hugs))).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.